Bolt Vanderhuge

Holster For Him, Holster For Her

I recently tried my hand at making leather holsters. This is a pic of my second holster That I thought I would share. I am now working on my third and hopefully will continue to improve with each one moving forward. I certainly have a great appreciation for the custom holster builders that are making a living doing this.

The accent piece is Hippo and this holster is lined with Kangaroo. It is a hidden belt loop pancake style holster. The gun ride height is lo-pro and it has a 20* or so cant. It was hand stitched.

hipporooRu_zps6b7727dd.jpg

hipporoonf_zps3b8a7522.jpg

When my gf saw the Sig P238 Rainbow Titanium she had to have it because it was pretty. When I got into building my own holsters she asked if she could have a holster in, what I call, girly colors. Well being the nice guy that I am she now has a pink holster with blue stitching.
SigP238Fuschiaholster_zpsc0ec0313.jpg
Edited by Bolt Vanderhuge

nice holsters, the colors look great and the stitching to me looks really good. thanks for posting the pictures .

Very good start.

Very nice, good job. I'm lookin' forward to seeing what ya come up with next.

I am not sure which one you are referring to since neither are brown. I am thinking you must be referring to the pink one. But I am unsure what you mean by they will roll. Could you describe what you mean by roll and what it is that would cause this to happen?

You're doing very well! I think you'll find that it's generally more pleasing to avoid sharp, square corners on your designs.

Did you dye the pink holster? Can anyone comment on how well the dye holds up over time?

tk

I'm curious about the pink holster design. How is it worn?

The brown thing behind the pink holster is a mock up double layer 1.5" belt strap that is actually running thru the belt loops of the pink holster in that pick. The loops are on the back side and are held on via the chicago screws you see from the front. It basically wears like a hiden belt loop pancake holster. It however can be converted to IWB or to a snap in holster by changing the loops out.