KnotHead

Some Recent Work

This is a key fob for a friend of mine in Florida.

It's a 12 strand herringbone coded round braid pressed out to a flat block style. It has an over 2, under 2, over 2 sequence. Johanna... I hope that the storm has blown over...

post-1307-045228800 1294808060_thumb.jpg

post-1307-076288000 1294807940_thumb.jpg

B...

..Hi Brian,

you make a verry nice Leatherwork ::))

Arno

Hi Arno.

Danke Arno. Ich schätze Ihre Art zu kommentieren. Ich habe ein anderes Schlüsselanhänger ich derzeit arbeite. Ich will, dass auch nach über khww.net sowie hier auf leatherworker.net...

Translation:

Thank you Arno. I really appreciate your kind comment. I have another key fob I am working on presently. I will post that also on khww.net as well as here on leatherworker.net

Herzliche Grüße

B...

Hey that's pretty neat. I like your use of color, very nice.

I've never done that with a 12, but I have with a 16. It just seems to WANT to be flat like this, when you do a 16 with no core.

Great work, as usual, Brian. Had me guessing about a ring there for a minute. The use of the turnbuckle is a stroke of genius. Love it!!

Hey that's pretty neat. I like your use of color, very nice.

I've never done that with a 12, but I have with a 16. It just seems to WANT to be flat like this, when you do a 16 with no core.

There are 3 or 4 different colors I love to use. Thanks for the kind comment. I have yet to do the 16 string. I am still playing with the 12 for now. Once I get that one out of my blood per say, I'll move on to the next one.

Great work, as usual, Brian. Had me guessing about a ring there for a minute. The use of the turnbuckle is a stroke of genius. Love it!!

That turn buckle was actually a last minute thought before taking that photo. I thought it might add a little more punch to the shoot. The best thing about that turn buckle is that it is all stainless steel and is a 3/8 inch size. So it was small enough to use with the fob. Gave it some meat actually. LOL

B...

Well I said I would post the other Key Fob project I was working on as soon as I got it done.

In the following photos is a six strand half round braid pressed out, or blocked into a rectangular shape, and a 4 pass heel knot that started out as a 7part 6bight casa knot.

post-1307-039827600 1294911012_thumb.jpg

post-1307-007655100 1294911079_thumb.jpg

Hope my friend which lives not too far from me likes the new key fob.

B...

yes, a genius!!! a real genius , full of ideas....whatdoyouthink.gifdrum.gif

http://www.secretosd...ro.blogspot.com

Miguel. Stop with your insults please. I am only going to ask you this so many times dude. So, please stop acting like a damn adolescent.

Brian...

Miguel. Stop with your insults please. I am only going to ask you this so many times dude. So, please stop acting like a damn adolescent.

Brian...

insults???? I think you´re a genius!!. with many original ideas. I look forward to your next creation. sure to be a wonderfull idea, never seen before, very creative and amazingYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif

when i read your post miguel i though you were being very sarcastic.....maybe its the language difference. but if that is the case just be aware that it is occurring.

brian...that looks awesome....i may have to steal that turnbuckle idea...i have been racking my brain for a better way to attach keyrings...and lo and behold.... :-)

Steal away me amigo. There have been others to use the same idea before me. LOL... I just did not think of it till last minute for the photo. I had almost forgotten that I had a few of those turn buckles laying around. I saw one of my colleagues photos with one in it of a bell rope with the turn buckle on it and thought that would look kind of neat on that key fob. Then I remembered I had a few of them laying around. LOL...

Thanks all for the kind comments.

B...

when i read your post miguel i though you were being very sarcastic.....maybe its the language difference. but if that is the case just be aware that it is occurring.

brian...that looks awesome....i may have to steal that turnbuckle idea...i have been racking my brain for a better way to attach keyrings...and lo and behold.... :-)

the confusion must be due to " google translate "

Very nice work, Brian.

Looks good Brian! Your neighbor is a lucky person. That's a nice gift.

On Miguelm's comments, I agree it comes off as mean-spirited and sarcastic. Hopefully it's just a mistake with the translating, and won't happen again.

I've done many bellropes with turnbuckles and never once did I dig into my brain to bring it to key fobs. Thanks Brian.

BTW, do you remember where you got those?

I've done many bellropes with turnbuckles and never once did I dig into my brain to bring it to key fobs. Thanks Brian.

BTW, do you remember where you got those?

Got those about 2 or 3yrs ago from a marine supply store in Seattle. Can't remember the name of the place right off though. Been too long ago.

And thanks to all those who left very kind comments.

B...

nice Bro !!!

that should say it all but just in case it doesn't , i think they came out clean and tight, with good color patterns.

Thanks lilpep. I especially like the star that is formed at the top of that heel(pk) knot.

B...

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that I'm the lucky dog that is "the friend in Florida". This beautiful key fob (with the turnbuckle) arrived yesterday. I can tell you guys and girls this is much, much nicer in hand than any picture you'll see of this awesome piece of art. Thanks so much again Brian, it's beautiful! Along with this Brian put some other goodies in the package. WOW! It felt like Christmas.

1/8" beveled roo lace

A spike Bud Brewer made

3 blood wood fids by Mitch Gage

1004166medium.jpg

Rick

skyout

Edited by skyout

Oh wow, lucky you! Those wooden fids are gorgeous!

Hi Jacquee and thanks. I really love your work and your web page is great, too! My Mom's cousin used to raise miniature horses, too.

Those fids Mitch made are great but the real treasure to me was Bud's little copper spike. Bud is passed away now but he was Brian's partner/co founder of KHWWW and was a great knotter who gave us many tutorials, a master carpenter and metal worker. I just today found what I think is my spike that Bud took a picture of. It's the third on the right on the top in the pic below.

For the members that haven't seen these photos, you are in for a treat if you like homemade tools. Click the link for Bud's photo album "## Spikes n Fids ##":

http://picasaweb.google.com/cbrewsix/SPIKESNFIDS#">http://picasaweb.google.com/cbrewsix/SPIKESNFIDS#

Rick

skyout

Copper%26Brass.jpg

It's at your 2 o'clock Rick.

B...

It's at your 2 o'clock Rick.

B...

I almost put 1:30 o'clock. LOL