Sign in to follow this  
ioann

Several Sheath From Russia

Good morning to all! My name is Ivan, I live in Moscow(Russian Federation). Dabbled in producing knives and sheath knives. Here are some of my sheath

post-16778-052721000 1308832738_thumb.jp

post-16778-003765600 1308832756_thumb.jp

post-16778-032128100 1308832766_thumb.jp

post-16778-083528300 1308832775_thumb.jp

post-16778-086140800 1308832810_thumb.jp

post-16778-010190900 1308832825_thumb.jp

Your sheaths look to be very well done.Clean stitching, nice edges, proper knife depth for the pouch sheaths, and even dyeing on the inside, all things I usually look for.Your center seam sheaths are really nicely done.You don't see many of those in the states, and they can be tough to get right.I have done only one center seam myself, and it was a Plains Indian version done with rawhide.Dave

I do not make knife sheaths, but I agree.....your work is clean. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome Ivan to the forums. We are glad that you are here. It is always good to see the work of fellow leather workers from around the world.

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Those knife sheathes look really good.

As Dave already pointed out the center seam sheath is really neat. I like it !

I really like the black handle dagger in the second set of pictures and I am a big fan of the damascus blade you have in the center seam sheath. It is very nice! Did you make the damascus?

I enjoy bladesmithing as well but I have too many hobbies and I do not get enough time to perfect my bladesmithing.

Again, welcome to the forums and we hope to see more of your work.

6/25/11

Each one of your sheaths, and knives, is truly a work of art, ioann. Congratulations. - TexasLady

Very nice work indeed. There are some quite interesting knives in the photos as well. Thanks for sharing.

Ivan!

Privet Droog! I lived in Sochi for two years and loved it there... I have been to Moscow many times and have been in many southern cities like Krasnodar, Tuapse and many more.

Your knives and sheaths look super! Thank you for showing them to us and welcome!

Джон