Sign in to follow this  
Billsotx

Options for chatting

I'm not sure I should ask a computer question ... lol!

Johanna, I sent you a gmail regarding the "closed" thread. I'm still working on my website ... slooowly :)

At one time yahoo groups had a chatroom available on each site that members of those sites could use without interruption, but they seem to have done away with that when yahoo revamped "the groups." Is there another source for chatrooms? Maybe more private? I've seen the term IRC chat rooms. Are all chat rooms irc? I'm looking for a place that I can set up a chat room off and on so my old training group which is scattered across the southwest can get together and discuss business. For instance right now we're negotiating a new contract with an old client and I'd like to get 6 or 8 of my collegeaus together to try and resolve some issues. Phone tag is getting old. Nothing we'd say is secret, but I really don't want interruptions if I can avoid that. If an unwanted visitor drops into a chat room we can just kick him out, can't we? Actually he'd probably leave of boredom ... lol! Thanks in adance for your advice and ideas. ~Bill

Bill, did you get my email about the test site I set up for you? It has a chatroom script built in to it (look in the control panel). That one will do what you want it to. Alternately, you are welcome to a private room on the Live Chat feature of this board.

Johanna

Thanks Johanna. Yes, I got the email. This is cool! I sincerely appreciate your help.

be in touch,

Bill