oclack

Weekender Bag, Ipad Sleeve, Briefs, Etc.

I've been at it for about 5 weeks. After an impromptu stop at my local Tandy store, I thought I'd give it a go. So far I think I'm doing pretty good although I could take a bit more time to read. Still learning how to plan out my work before I get started. Though I'd take a moment to share and get some feedback from you season leather-crafters out there. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

This is my Weekender Bag. Its the biggest project I've attempted so far. I'm fairly happy with the results though next time a round I'll do a lot different. Its all hand stitched. Didn't use any glue. Used quick rivets - next time I'll try copper.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

Here's and iPad sleeve i did...

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

This is the very 1st peice I attempted the same night I stopped by the Tandy store. The form came out great, but the finish and tool not so good.

IMG_2720.jpg

This was my 3rd attempt at making some sort of brief type case. Its a lot better than the first, but a little narrow and too short to carry a laptop.

IMG_3187.jpg

A couple more iPad sleeves...

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

etc.

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

You sure have been busy making things. They all look real good for not doing any leather work before. On the Weekender bag it would look much better IMO without so many rivets. But you did a nice job on it all the same.

I really like your bag, what oz leather did you use? Does it have a bottom and or feet? Personally I like the rivets.

I'd say you are addicted.... :coffeecomp:

I really like your bag, what oz leather did you use? Does it have a bottom and or feet? Personally I like the rivets.

I think its around 7oz. Next revision (i.e. when someone buys one from me) I'll try a 10oz. I like the rivets too, but next time I think I'll use copper rivets.

You sure have been busy making things. They all look real good for not doing any leather work before. On the Weekender bag it would look much better IMO without so many rivets. But you did a nice job on it all the same.

Thanks!

I'd say you are addicted.... :coffeecomp:

My wife is saying the same thing. Now if I can just start selling a few items. :)

Welcome to your new addiction. You are going great (and are very productive) for just starting out. Keep at it and keep posting pictures!

Bob

Very nice job, being a beginner you are doing very well....looking at the rivets...hmmm...a bit to much for myself also, but BUT...if you use copper and try to get embossed ones or decorated copper...hmmm you maybe have something going on there....sort of like steam punk style...all other items are well made for a first-timer!!

Keep it coming and never give up!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Aloha

Jimbob

Very nice job, being a beginner you are doing very well....looking at the rivets...hmmm...a bit to much for myself also, but BUT...if you use copper and try to get embossed ones or decorated copper...hmmm you maybe have something going on there....sort of like steam punk style...all other items are well made for a first-timer!!

Keep it coming and never give up!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Aloha

Jimbob

I think I'll be using cooper rivets next time for sure. I'll be able to use fewer. I think I'll also change the side straps a bit to go complete through the bag and under to the other side. I think it will look better and offer more support. I not really in to the Stempunk thing, so I definitely want to steer away from that look. Thanks again for the feedback. It is appreciated.