Sign in to follow this  
Washroad

Nice story about this weekend

I just got back Sunday night from spending 3 days at the Sand Sports Super Show (all about dune buggies, quads, beer, bad food, ahhh it was heaven!! :banana::banana: ).

I am a representative of the American Sand Association and have a large showing at this expo. Every year, we raffle off a new sandrail. We sell tickets all year long and then on Sunday afternoon at the SSSS we draw a name and give it away.

We set up a small booth near the stage where the car was placed along with the DJ and I had a couple of pretty teenage girls selling tickets and a model from NOS Energy drinks at the booth handing out free samples. Sold a lot of raffle tickets.

Sunday at noon, this guy gets a sample of NOS and the girls are asking him to buy a raffle ticket. He says he will if the girls will kiss the ticket for good luck! They do, he buys it and goes on his way thinking he'll never win.

HE DID!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping: Too cool!

The car builder's daughter drew his name from the barrel and he wasn't in the crowd so we called him on the phone to tell him he won. Suddenly we lost connection and then this guy comes running up to and jumps on the stage with his cell phone in his hand saying he won! His wife and 3 sons were just behind him! They were so excited, they were crying and laughing! Nice family! Great to see someone like this win!

Here's a link to some pics. The girls that sold him the ticket, Brooke and Tasha, are in at least one pic, his family is in several.

http://www.sandsports.net/Images/PhotoMain...es/DSC_0320.htm

Congrats Jason! Enjoy the car! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great weekend!

I agree - it's great to see someone like that win!

Did he win the yellow one?

Art

I agree - it's great to see someone like that win!

Did he win the yellow one?

Art

No, the yellow one is for next year. The yellow car is a Sand Limo (I forget the model) 2-seat with an LS1. We always have "next years" car a year in advance. We then tour the car and sell tickets all year long. The tickets are $20 each, 6 for $100.

This family won an Extreme EcoII with an LS1 Chevy. There are pics of it on the link.

Last year, a guy bought a ticket for a friend in Norman, Oklahoma, for doing a favor for him! We shipped the car to Oklahoma! :) Should've heard the guy on the phone when we called him! :censored2::o