Sign in to follow this  
troy

messing around with tandy tool X514s

Two things happened the other day which help to bring about the following disater come experiment - one I was bored and two slightly drunk - So started another quiver project with my idea of bracers thrown in for good measure which quickly progressed after a short period of wondering how to spoil all that clean smooth leather in the least most differcult way, into an exercise in stamping.

Using only one tool (mostly cause I could'nt find any others) I created the items below using that one tool in as many way as I could think of.

It has been months since I had last stamped like this so it was also a practise session which I obviously needed!!?

tool514.jpg

tool514s.jpg

I'm not sure which event happened first to stop me adding more to the THING, i.e when I sobered up or the leather dried, but now looking at the pictures it's probably best I did stop when I did instead of adding more.

After they dry I plan to dye the stamping black, edge the normal way (canvas and water) then lace the quiver up.

post-182-1240396556_thumb.jpg

post-182-1240396570_thumb.jpg

A+...............not bad for a Bored & almost Drunk leather crafter.......

just tell folks that you found a tipsy rawhider and copied his braiding onto leather as perfectly as possible.

bravo!!!

pete

well at least your honest.LOL

Those are... hypnotic. :)

Well heres the finished articles - not to bad I guess considering I was slightly over come with joy and red cheeks (on my face!!!) during the planning stage - The patterns sort of match up.

Oh those damn free samples, one's of the bad things about living near loads of distilleries - sometimes you just feel like throwing away all those fine multi and single malts!!

blackquiver1.jpg

bracesblack1.jpg

Years back when I drove for a lumber yard, used to quite frequently have to take deliveries to distilleries - in one of them I had to go into the large shed where they poured the whiskey into barrels - Oooh the smell was terrific like really strong whisky, made me wonder just how pissed those guys working there are when they go home!! I was only in there for 15 minutes but I was sure I left quite a few Kg's lighter.

post-182-1240568669_thumb.jpg

post-182-1240568718_thumb.jpg

Well heres the finished articles - not to bad I guess considering I was slightly over come with joy and red cheeks (on my face!!!) during the planning stage - The patterns sort of match up.

Oh those damn free samples, one's of the bad things about living near loads of distilleries - sometimes you just feel like throwing away all those fine multi and single malts!!

blackquiver1.jpg

bracesblack1.jpg

Years back when I drove for a lumber yard, used to quite frequently have to take deliveries to distilleries - in one of them I had to go into the large shed where they poured the whiskey into barrels - Oooh the smell was terrific like really strong whisky, made me wonder just how pissed those guys working there are when they go home!! I was only in there for 15 minutes but I was sure I left quite a few Kg's lighter.

For an accident/experiment the final result is really nice. I can't tell you to keep up the good work, or I would be contributing to your delinquincy.

WOW these bracers are my fav I have seen so far!!!

blackquiver1.jpg

bracesblack1.jpg