olroper99

Artisan 3200 ...who Sells The Same Machine?

Hi all! Sorry for the question....if I wasn't on the worlds slowest dialup I wouldn't be asking this.

I was talking to the Canadian dealer for Artisan machines and have talked to a buddy in BC who bought an Artisan 3200 and is very happy with it.

I have projects and repairs stacking up....have given up looking for an old Pearson/Landis that I can afford and need a machine NOW.

I can't get a straight answer on when Artisan can supply me with a machine. They want a deposit on the latest shipment that may come in next year....not playin that game. I've done it before and waited and waited.

I want the same machine because I really like the specs....12" throat...can sew 7/8" and uses the 415 thread.

Anyone know of a dealer that sells the same machine and could supply me with one asap?

Thanks!

Russ

Hi Russ,

I am pretty sure Artisan is the only one who has a 12 inch "441", and hasn't been producing them for a year yet. I would recommend that you get a 16" 441 clone. If you ever break a bobbin shaft on a 12", (and that happens) you will play hell getting a part. The 16" 441 parts are basically everywhere, because thousands of those machines have been built over the years and it is a stock part. Artisan has a 4000 machine that is a true 441 clone. So does Cobra, called a Class 4. The 441 clone machines are almost always on back order, the Chinese factories require cash in full upon order so in these times it makes cash flow a little difficult for the dealers. You just have to find one you can trust. PM me if you need more info.

Art

Hi all! Sorry for the question....if I wasn't on the worlds slowest dialup I wouldn't be asking this.

I was talking to the Canadian dealer for Artisan machines and have talked to a buddy in BC who bought an Artisan 3200 and is very happy with it.

I have projects and repairs stacking up....have given up looking for an old Pearson/Landis that I can afford and need a machine NOW.

I can't get a straight answer on when Artisan can supply me with a machine. They want a deposit on the latest shipment that may come in next year....not playin that game. I've done it before and waited and waited.

I want the same machine because I really like the specs....12" throat...can sew 7/8" and uses the 415 thread.

Anyone know of a dealer that sells the same machine and could supply me with one asap?

Thanks!

Russ

Thanks!

Russ

Since you live in Canada, have you considered getting a Techsew? The company is located in Montreal, a division of Raphael Sewing. Ronnie, from Techsew, is one of our sponsors and has banner ads all over the LW forums.

Their 180-2 series is similar to the other 16.5" cylinder arm 441 clone machines available here in the USA. You won't have to worry about Customs, since the machines are already inside Canada. They also do the servicing and have parts and accessories for their machines and many other brands.

The phone number for Techsew is: 866-415-8223

Edited by Wizcrafts

Since you live in Canada, have you considered getting a Techsew? The company is located in Montreal, a division of Raphael Sewing. Ronnie, from Techsew, is one of our sponsors and has banner ads all over the LW forums.

Their 180-2 series is similar to the other 16.5" cylinder arm 441 clone machines available here in the USA. You won't have to worry about Customs, since the machines are already inside Canada. They also do the servicing and have parts and accessories for their machines and many other brands.

The phone number for Techsew is: 866-415-8223

Here is a bit of advice based on my RECENT experiance. ( within the last month )

I to am from Canada and wanted a machine NOW. I contacted Techsew and was told they had no 180-2 machines in stock at the time and it would be ABOUT 3 weeks till they got any. They might have some by now. I talked to Ryan at Neels saddlery same story. SO I phoned Bob Kovar he had the Cowboysew 4500 IN STOCK, 10 days later I was sewing with my new machine. They also have a special on where virtually every attachment is included, stuirup plate, holster plate,blanket feet, table, etc at no extra price. The claim is that the attachments are worth $1200. if bought seperately. While they claim they sew 3/4 inch I have gone right along on 7/8 plus like it was butter.

There is NO duty you have to pay the tax but you have to any way.

Shipping took 6 days including 2 days delay because of closed highways. Shipping was $240.00.

Toledo is actually closer then Montreal.

Might be worth a look.

Edited by catskin

I to am from Canada and wanted a machine NOW. I contacted Techsew and was told they had no 180-2 machines in stock at the time and it would be ABOUT 3 weeks till they got any. They might have some by now.

You are correct. The Techsew 180-2 has been discontinued and replaced with the new Techsew 5100, equipped with the SmartServo motor, available now in stock.

Ron

Here is a bit of advice based on my RECENT experiance. ( within the last month )

I to am from Canada and wanted a machine NOW. I contacted Techsew and was told they had no 180-2 machines in stock at the time and it would be ABOUT 3 weeks till they got any. They might have some by now. I talked to Ryan at Neels saddlery same story. SO I phoned Bob Kovar he had the Cowboysew 4500 IN STOCK, 10 days later I was sewing with my new machine. They also have a special on where virtually every attachment is included, stuirup plate, holster plate,blanket feet, table, etc at no extra price. The claim is that the attachments are worth $1200. if bought seperately. While they claim they sew 3/4 inch I have gone right along on 7/8 plus like it was butter.

There is NO duty you have to pay the tax but you have to any way.

Shipping took 6 days including 2 days delay because of closed highways. Shipping was $240.00.

Toledo is actually closer then Montreal.

Might be worth a look.

Catskin....can you send me a private message please...I'd like to know what your total bill for the machine was.

I am talking to Mike in Montreal about a Techsew 5100 right now....he is supposed to try the machine to see if it will sew 7/8" and send me a vid of it.

Kinda pricey compared to some others but also cheaper than some. Maybe the new tech is worth it????

THX...

Russ