natenaaron

Stitching Horse/pony Question

Is this thought right?

Stitching horse is a piece of furniture. Big

Stitching pony is put between the thighs, the butt is planted on your favorite chair and you stitch away.

Is this about right? I'm that new so be nice :dunno:

Many (probably most, if not all) of your questions can be answered by doing a search on here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aleatherworker.net+%22stiching+pony%22+or+%22stitching+horse%22

You keep telling everyone to be nice to you because you're new. There's no reason people shouldn't be nice anyway, but it's appreciated when folks make an attempt to find information on here by searching first. It gets old answering the same questions repeatedly.....so much so that I generally won't answer at all anymore if it's been already been asked and answered to death here.

Edited by 25b

The basic answer to your question is Yes.

No need to request we be nice. Everyone here is nice. It is what makes this forum so great.

Not everyone is good at using search. Ask your questions someone will answer them.

Michael

Shame that folks feel the need to ask others to be nice, but I'll bet it is because the original poster was flamed on some other forum. I've witnessed some really harsh treatment and frankly have stayed away from some as a result.

Natenaaron, you have it pretty much right. One of the nice things about horses is that the jaws are operated by your foot. Frees up your hands having to mess with tightening hardware. Also, check out the European clams, at least that is what I think they are called. They work differently than ponies or horses, using thigh pressure to hold your project tight.

Good luck in your search.

When you are new you may not know "proper names". Up until yesterday I had no idea there was a difference between the two. I just referred to them in my mind as those leather clamp things. Even using the search function yielded no direct explanation to the question I had. I surmised it and then asked to make sure.

25b, I read most of those posts you linked, before they were linked and did not find a single one that told how to sit using the stitching pony. If it was there I missed it. You notice that I did not ask questions about building one, how much pressure to put on the leather, etc...This means I did do a search.

And yes, many folks get pissy when a new person asks questions that were asked before. I am not a member of a lot of forums but the layout of this site is definitely not user friendly for new folks. The first thing I looked for when I got here was a section with this information as well as a place to formally introduce myself. If there were a section filled with these oft posed questions then it would be much more newby friendly. A friendly point to this section Would be neither a hassle, nor cause frustration. The getting started section might be the closest option the site has but it falls short of preventing questions such as mine have been. I understand it gets monotonous responding to those questions, but each time people do, even if it is to point to a thread already explaining it, a new person feels welcomed.