flyingcuda

air brush pressure?

hello, just trying out air brushing, what is the psi for applying the dyes? i just have an el cheapo right now...of course the better quality one was back ordered :thumbsdown: i tried the el cheapo and it was spraying out before the trigger was pulled....very messy..was not expecting that...just as well i did do some reading...otherwise i would be an oversized smurfette right now. any help would be greatly appreciated, as well as any other tips. thanks in advance folks.

I use about 25lbs of hose pressure. You can use as little as about 20, and some people have been known to set it as high as 30-35. The lower the pressure you use, the easier it is to control the stream. If you're doing a wash over a large area, you can set it higher if you wish.

If the dye is coming out before opening the nozzle (pulling back on the trigger), there may be something clogging the nozzle and preventing it from closing completely, or the needle is out of adjustment, or something preventing the needle from moving all the way forward. Check the manual for specific instructions for your particular model.

Kate

If you must err, err on the side of 'too much' pressure. Having pressure set too low can lead to sputtering.

thank you for the responses! unfortunatly with our cheap one...no manual came with it...just a piece of paper that had pretty pictures of the parts..they were labelled at least. we did take it apart and the pin was not moving back into place when the trigger was released. i guess thats what i get for being impatiently excited about trying something new! when we ordered the air brushes..we ordered a cheap one and the more expensive one...to practice with cheapy first..but as i said earlier, back ordered on the good one...still waiting for it...been over a month and a half now :ranting2: one more little note...i also learned..just because you dont see the spray..doesn't mean it isn't there... i will be sneezing blue until the good one gets here...aah..aah aahblue!

one more little note...i also learned..just because you dont see the spray..doesn't mean it isn't there... i will be sneezing blue until the good one gets here...aah..aah aahblue!

I strongly advise you to get an organic vapor respirator mask and, if possible, a spray booth. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BREATH THE OVERSPRAY.

It will be fun... eventually. I would also be considering canceling the back-order and getting a better airbrush from somewhere else.

Kate

Hi... I've always liked pressure in the 25 to 35 range. And a good airbrush is worth whatever you pay for it... Make sure you learn how to keep it clean.

Kevin