Forum Offline/down Yesterday?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 digdug18

digdug18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, Firearms, Cooking, Cars, Modifying & Upgrading my Home. Occasionally breaking things. Good Ale's.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Jackass of all trades
  • Interested in learning about:Shoe making, both cobbling, last making, and forming from lasts. As well as packs, wallets, etc.
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:google

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I was on the site yesterday for awhile, then nothing. The website was down for about 6+ hours. Is that usual for saturday nights, or whats up?

#2 veedub3

veedub3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Leather working, traveling, reading, learning new things, and anything pertaining to water.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Newbie to the world of Leather
  • Interested in learning about:All things pertaining to leather working!
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google Search for Leather working forums

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

I believe it was. If I recall I saw a message this morning that Johanna posted saying the Host went down which took the site offline yesterday. Look to the right of the page in the "Recent Updates" section and you should see her message.

Edited by veedub3, 03 February 2013 - 04:54 PM.

"The only man who makes no mistake, is the man who does nothing." Theodore Roosevelt

#3 LeatherHead99

LeatherHead99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Noob

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've been having trouble today. It came up one time, but I tried a few times this morning and the forum wasn't coming up.

#4 bruce johnson

bruce johnson

Saddlery & Tack Moderator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Same thing here throughout the afternoon. You are not the only one, but I don't know what happened. I had a few other sites that did the same thing today and pretty sure they are not all on the same server.
Bruce Johnson
Malachi 4:2
"the windshield's bigger than the mirror, somewhere west of Laramie" - Dave Stamey
Leather Work and Leather Tools - www.brucejohnsonleather.com

#5 Trox

Trox

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Contributing Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Dogs,Boats,fly Fishing, Industrial sewing machines, leather tools And Volvo Veterancars
  • Interested in learning about:When I stop learning, I am dead

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi, It was down for a long time. I checked it with this site http://websitedownri...worker.net.html and this site reported it was down for everyone and not just for me, handy site.

#6 northmount

northmount

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Interests:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Lots of problems yesterday, see http://mashable.com/...om-fb-main-link

and http://enduranceresponse.com/

Seemed to affect sites that aren't hosted by endurance too. Probably something to do with domain name servers being refreshed after being affected by so many sites being down.

Tom

#7 Cyberthrasher

Cyberthrasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:Shovelhead choppers and Blues Guitar
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Tooling, Guitar Straps, Wallets, Motorcycle accessories, etc...
  • Interested in learning about:Victorian and Figure carving, some more advanced coloring.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

There was a large problem with Hostgator and several other hosting companies yesterday. In all reality, many of these hosting companies are actually sub-leasing storage/hardware from larger companies such as Rackspace and Amazon. I haven't heard an exact answer from any of my contacts, but my assumption is that there was a larger issue that effected several of them at once.

Probably something to do with domain name servers being refreshed after being affected by so many sites being down.

Tom

I know that wasn't the case with use since the site wasn't reachable by IP address either. The DNS was resolving, but layer 3 wasn't working at my location.

#8 RMB Custom Leather

RMB Custom Leather

• Contributing Member
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Knife cases & Gun leather
  • Interested in learning about:More projects
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google search

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

There was a large problem with Hostgator and several other hosting companies yesterday. In all reality, many of these hosting companies are actually sub-leasing storage/hardware from larger companies such as Rackspace and Amazon. I haven't heard an exact answer from any of my contacts, but my assumption is that there was a larger issue that effected several of them at once.

I know that wasn't the case with use since the site wasn't reachable by IP address either. The DNS was resolving, but layer 3 wasn't working at my location.

Yep my sites were down off/on yesterday also and I was told by my hosting company the same thing.

Edited by RMB Custom Leather, 03 August 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Thank you,

Rob Bennett

Email: rob@rmbcl.com

snallbluegunbanner.png

Authorized Distributor

BLUEGUNS

Multi Molds

Maker Supplies 

Home of the "Taco Press" kydex/Leather former

FREE SHIPPING!

FACEBOOK