Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rustic

JUKI 1508

Recommended Posts

I AM LOOKING AT GETTING A JUKI 1508, BUT THERE ARE NO LETTERS AFTER THE 1508. LIKE 1508NS, 1508N, 1508NH, JUST 1508 DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rustic said:

I AM LOOKING AT GETTING A JUKI 1508

Do you have photo of the machine or nameplate? I did see a Chinese clone machine being advertised awhile ago and on a quick look the name was in the same place and style as Juki but had I think added a letter to the name. I thought it was done that way to give someone the impression it wasn't a clone. The nameplate on a Juki will clearly show the model as  "LU-1508N" or "LU-1508N*"  * being another letter. Another thing is the letter could have been worn/rubbed off.

kgg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is too good of condition to be worn off, it has no letter/letters behind the 1508 at all. Could it be a European model? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

' L

9 minutes ago, kgg said:

Do you have photo of the machine or nameplate? I did see a Chinese clone machine being advertised awhile ago and on a quick look the name was in the same place and style as Juki but had I think added a letter to the name. I thought it was done that way to give someone the impression it wasn't a clone. The nameplate on a Juki will clearly show the model as  "LU-1508N" or "LU-1508N*"  * being another letter. Another thing is the letter could have been worn/rubbed off.

kgg

It is too good of condition to be worn off, it has no letter/letters behind the 1508 at all. Could it be a European model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rustic said:

It is too good of condition to be worn off, it has no letter/letters behind the 1508 at all.

There was one advertised back in 2018 that showed the nameplate with just the LU-1508 so maybe the older ones that didn't have the heavier capabilities were labeled without a letter after the 1508.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kgg said:

There was one advertised back in 2018 that showed the nameplate with just the LU-1508 so maybe the older ones that didn't have the heavier capabilities were labeled without a letter after the 1508.

 

Yep, Just Lu-1508 that is it. Do you know anything about that model? They want $450 for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rustic said:

ep, Just Lu-1508 that is it. Do you know anything about that model? They want $450 for it.

If it was in good working condition and would match what I wanted to sew, I wouldn't hesitate on getting it. The price is good. A good video to look at is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWvi1wYfc9A&t=28s

kgg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one from the first year they came out.  I have that exact model.  About 13 months after they were introduced, Juki made a few changes and the new one was a 1508N.  

glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, shoepatcher said:

That is one from the first year they came out.  I have that exact model.  About 13 months after they were introduced, Juki made a few changes and the new one was a 1508N.  

glenn

What were the changes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the cover on the end of the head was hinged but not on mine.  They changed the casting on the top of the machine a little.  the changes were improvements.

glenn

 

Edited by shoepatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...