suzelle

Help - Need a part # for my Pfaff 545-H4

Hello all you Pfaffers, and everybody!

Okay... Pfaffalina is in the shop - she's my Pfaff 545-H4 & she needs a "Hook Waser".. This part goes below the bobbin basket.

I'm pretty sure the correct part number is 18344, but there are some other digits possibly before or after that I need to know.

Apparently it's easy to get this part mixed up for the Pfaff 145 and the Pfaff 545. I was sent the part for the Pfaff 145, but need the part for the Pfaff 545.

Hope that makes sense! Can you guys and gals help me out please? Thanks so much! Old sewing machine repairman says get a Pfaff part, not aftermarket. Apparently the one I bought and sent to him for Pfaffalina was made in China, so he says it's aftermarket.

Thank you thank you!

18344 appears to be the hook needle guard for the 145

This is the needle guard for the 545 / large hook machine series: old # 18481 or new # 91-018-481-05 (large hook machines)

https://armastore.eu/91-018-481-05-pfaff-1290-needle-guard-b

Pretty sure  you can get the part (at least) from authorized Pfaff dealers.

Edited by Constabulary

19 hours ago, Constabulary said:

18344 appears to be the hook needle guard for the 145

This is the needle guard for the 545 / large hook machine series: old # 18481 or new # 91-018-481-05 (large hook machines)

https://armastore.eu/91-018-481-05-pfaff-1290-needle-guard-b

Pretty sure  you can get the part (at least) from authorized Pfaff dealers.

Constabulary, Thank you Friend for coming to the rescue! Okay, off to order that part (again). My trip on the Ferry to see my Repairman will have to be put off til next week. I'm going to ship him the correct part so he can get Pfaffalina all fixed up. Turns out, the Parts Company I bought from thought the Pfaff 545 and the Pfaff 145 took same part, bu Repairman tells me that is not right. Anyhow, now I know the full part number, thanks to you! Much appreciated!

545 part would not be the same because the hook on the 145 is smaller than the hook on a 545.       The needle guard for a 145 is part #91-010-167-05.

The needle guard for a 545 is part #91-018-344-05.  Hope that helps.   Those numbers are right from the Pfaff 545 parts list.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

3 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

545 part would not be the same because the hook on the 145 is smaller than the hook on a 545.      

glenn

Okay, thanks Glenn for verifying! Correct part got ordered yesterday and sent directly to my Repairman. 

hm - sorry - I probably mixed up something.

But further down in the parts list you find the needle guard 91-018-481-05 also listed for the 545. So it may depend on what hook gib you have - Hook gib seems to be the different and maybe therefore the needle guard is different too.

Bild1.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

hm - sorry - I probably mixed up something.

But further down in the parts list you find the needle guard 91-018-481-05 also listed for the 545. So it may depend on what hook gib you have - Hook gib seems to be the different and maybe therefore the needle guard is different too.

Shoepastcher & Constabulary, No worries! My Old Sewing Machine Repairman (82 years old - Love him!) gave me the part number to begin with, which was found on the part he's replacing. Problem is, it was just partial number, not the entire number. Seems just about every place I contact for replacement part is confused about what the full part number is, or the extra digits that go to whichever model. So, I did order the replacement part, 91-018-481-05 to be shipped directly to him. If it's not right, I'll get a cranky phonecall and it will be him! LOL. Hope it is right, but it's okay if it's not, I'll just try again. It may be "3 is the charm"... that's what happned with a couple other sewing machine parts lately. Must exercise patience! :) As always, I appreciate your help!!! 

Update: I'm still waiting to see if the part I had to reorder (Hook Washer) is going to work. I sent both part numbers that Constabulary and Shoepatcher found for me and also the diagrams for them that you provided. I just asked them to send my Mechanic the part(s) they thought would work the best and offered to pay extra if they sent two different parts. I think they sent just one. Waiting to find out what my Mechanic says about the fit. The Company I bought it from said they sell only aftermarket parts. Mechanic prefers Original/OEM parts, but he said this would be a non-critical part, so he thought an aftermarket part would work, as long as it was for the 545-H4. Anyhow, thanks again for all your help!

Diamondneedle.com is the Company I'm using for parts. They have been nothing but helpful. Even though I discovered that many (if not all) their parts are aftermarket, they are a great Company to deal with. They answer the phones, answer e-mails. Their prices are fair and if something goes wrong, they are there to help.

I'm hoping to pick up my Pfaff this Friday if the part is correct. Crossing fingers and toes!!! Amazing how one little part can keep you waiting for weeks and sometimes longer!

The reason for my documenting this is to get help, but also to help others who may end up in same situation with the model Pfaff I have.

Again, thank you all! 

Edited by suzelle