Replacing a band-blade in a Fortuna SAS leather splitting machine can be a complicated job, follow the instructions carefully and have plenty of space around your machine to work.  Our Fortuna SAS 15″ band blade leather splitter recently developed a crack in the blade and needed to be replace.  These steps are taken almost verbatim from the Fortuna owners manual.

Click here to see the full blog post complete with photos and instructions.

Machine used to split leather used by Duvall Leatherwork

I hope this is a big help to anyone with one of these machines!

Nick Duvall

That is an excellent detailed set of instructions on how to do this job @Nick777. Thank you very much for sharing here on LW.  :thumbsup:

Oh no problem at all @RockyAussie!  Thank you for the kind words

23 minutes ago, Nick777 said:

Oh no problem at all @RockyAussie!  Thank you for the kind words

Hi Nick.  Would you give permission for me to make a PDF of your instructions and post them in this thread so they are available regardless of what happens to your site in the future?  I'm sure it would be appreciated by others in the future.

Hi Northmount!

I'd just like to get any "link traffic" I may get from here, to my website.  Those link clicks are the least I could ask for the work on my blog.  Trust me, my site isn't going anywhere but if you'd like make a PDF of this for the future I think I'm fine with that.

I may do another blog post on a few other pieces of equipment in the near future.

Have a great week!

6 hours ago, Nick777 said:

I'd just like to get any "link traffic" I may get from here, to my website.  Those link clicks are the least I could ask for the work on my blog. 

Thanks for your reply.  We'll keep it as is for now.  Agree that you want traffic to your site and that this helps.  Anytime you want some of your tutorials or other blog posts with lots of good info converted to PDFs and post here, message me.

Same goes for anyone else that would like their material converted and posted here.