suzelle

NEW STYLE BELT BUCKLE & ZIPS WALKING FOOT FOR JUKI DNU-1541 LU-563 SINGER 111G+

Ebay item #  164732417520

Seller is: kunpengsewingmachineparts

image.png

Just wondering if anyone here has tried this new foot? If you have, what do you think about it?  I'm thinking of buying one. I install a lot of zippers, but it might be a good choice for some leather projects in the future. I do have the more common left and right zipper feet - Walking foot / 111 Style. 

One of the things I noticed when buying various feet for my walking foot machines is that there's about a 50/50 chance I'll have to make an alteration or two on a foot to make it fit. I might have to trim a little off the top of the foot (rasp or grinder) to get it to fit into the slot on the machine, or sometimes drill a thread hole out a little further at the base of the foot. I let Kungpeng know that I've run into these little issues. I told them that I may have sent those parts back to them if I wasn't able to modify them to fit. I told them I thought they should fit, I'm using some pretty standard sewing machines. They seemed concerned and wanted me to send some pics of where I've made alterations. I plan to do that, but here's your chance to comment as well. I will make sure they get the information they are asking for, if they find it here or we send it to them, or both. Post your pics here if you would like to - any alterations you have made to feet purchased on Ebay from Kunpeng Sewing Machine Parts.   I have also bought these walking feet from some other Ebay Sellers that needed alterring, but naming just this one as they want the information.

I am not near my machines but will post my own pics soon.

I'm thinking these feet are possibly all made at same manufacturer? I've gotten duplicates of some of the feet from different Ebay Sellers because I'm buying them for a Juki 1541s and also for Consew 255RB, same parts numbers. Both machines take same feet. So that's why I the feet may all be made at same place. (?)

Thank you!

Edited by Northmount
Added photo

Loooong ago I asked if someone has used this foot set, not much response back then. I always wanted to buy them for my 111G156 - never did. But I have this foot set on my watch list for quite a while. :whistle:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/80511-buckle-foot-for-singer-111-type-machiens-consew-seiko-juki/

I just got a buckle jumping foot from KP last week (it took a month on a slow boat from China). I haven't tried using it yet, but will when I go to my shop. I'm not sure what it is made to accomplish. I'll have to figure that out. I think it might be designed to sew before and after inline buckles or Dees.

I can tell you it looks well made and included a narrow inside foot.

I'm dubious about the claim it is for sewing zippers. I use a left toe, or narrow double toe foot for those.

Constabulary and Wiz,

Thanks both for your input! Yes, I've been eyeballinig that foot a while now too Constabulary! I think that would complete my foot arsenl/fetish. Hehe!

Wiz, can't wait to see what you think of the one you got! By the way Wiz, it was sooooo helpful to find your collection of feet info you posted a while back. I think I got most of the ones you had said you used. I have not tried the one with the high lift toe yet, for going over thicker stacks/layers.... gotta test that one. I wish I had owned it when I first started sewing the Auto Interior stuff, man was I doing some thick stuff!

Okay everyone, post pics when you can  please. Thank you!

I didn't have much time to play with the buckle foot, but it leaves a deep round foot impression in bridle leather. I tested it sewing on a large steel dee ring. It does get over the back bar with ease. I wouldn't recommend it for bridle or moist veg tan. Maybe bison or chap would hide the marks better. However, the foot is about 1/4 inch from the needle. There is a gap of 1/8 inch on the left of the inside foot. It could have been closer in my opinion. Or, a wider inside foot supplied.

Now that I am back home I can upload photos from my phone. These are pix of the new buckle foot including it sewing two pieces of bridle leather around a Dee ring.20220502_140652.jpg20220502_164112.jpg20220502_140542.jpg20220502_140616.jpg20220502_140652.jpg20220502_140628.jpg20220502_164212.jpg20220502_164253.jpg20220502_164112.jpg

We've been using a similar foot on our Adler 167 - It does work really well for sewing up close to D-rings, just not the way the ring was sewn in Wiz's photos.  Our use is for webbing, where we need to sew up tight to the ring, and turn sharply, to sew box-X patterns, etc, either side - The foot set is nicely made, but NOT cheap.

adler presser.jpg

17 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Now that I am back home I can upload photos from my phone. These are pix of the new buckle foot including it sewing two pieces of bridle leather around a Dee ring.

Wiz, wow that foot really pounded up your leather. Hmmm... thanks for giving us your first thoughts/ideas. The pics were great too, good to know how it functions. Do you think it's useful enough Wiz to keep it and use it for some other projects?

Trash / Treasure, wow that is a foot that does look similar in function as the foot Wiz has for sure! But it does appear to be much more refined looking. Is it stainless steel? Also, does the Adler style fit fit other machines, namely the 111 style walking foot type? Looks like it might mount differently. What do you think?

Edited by suzelle

18 hours ago, suzelle said:

Trash / Treasure, wow that is a foot that does look similar in function as the foot Wiz has for sure! But it does appear to be much more refined looking. Is it stainless steel? Also, does the Adler style fit fit other machines, namely the 111 style walking foot type? Looks like it might mount differently. What do you think?

No, AFAIK, that foot set will only fit the Adlers - Very different mounting, and probably why it was expensive.  I think it's just satin chromed hard steel, not stainless.

I believe that UWE did a little tutorial, a while ago, on grinding and modifying a standard presser foot set to sort of emulate those feet. I think they might have been a little different, though - More in-line with each other. You might look that up, to get some ideas.

Edited by trash treasure

Trash/Treasure - Okay thanks for the information. :) I will look that up, much appreciated! I've grinded down quite a few feet already, lol. I put the foot in a vice, then use a grinder or rasp. Safer for me as I don't want to grind up my hands. Yuch! 

I'm attaching a couple pics of a foot I bought on Ebay from Seller: evernice        I like the foot and it works great, but it didn't fit my Juki 1541s at first. I had to grind down the top of the foot a bit before I could get it to fit well enough to insert the set screw. It's not the neatest job, but I did do it myself and I am NO metal fabricator! LOL.

I've had to do this with a number of feet.  Again, this one purchased from Evernice, not Kunpeng. But it cost only $8.50 with Free Shipping. So no complaints here. A guy named Frank Peng always answers my questions at Evernice and I've bought a lot of stuff from him. I didn't complain about this one, it was an easy fix for me. Frank is very good at answering questions and I'm sure if I'd complained about the fit, he would have taken care of me.

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6706.jpg

Edited by suzelle

It just goes to show - Sometimes you have to be willing to modify things to make them work . Not everything works exactly, off the shelf.  I've had to shorten feet, narrow them, etc, etc, many times, to get them to do the work the way we need them to.

BTW, grinders are not so scary if you're careful, but maybe that's just me, because I've used them so often - Keeping a little bowl of water nearby is important, though,  to cool off the piece, and not burn your fingers - DAMHIKT

Sorry for the thread drift ....

19 minutes ago, trash treasure said:

Sorry for the thread drift ....

Thanks for the tips, actually these are the types of comments I was hoping for. Okay, bowl of water! that would have made things easier. The sparks were flying! Good fix! See, I learned something from your post!

The Companies I've purchased the feet from are very nice, so slamming them is not my intent. However, I did want to find out what others have experienced for purchasing various feet for whatever job you are doing. As many of us are makers who do custom work, we all have different experiences. One thing I have found through the years is that it does not seem to matter if I purchase a machine new or used, cheap or expensive, I have to be creative with the way I do things. As my Grandma used to say, "There is more than one way to skin a Cat." She exposed me to the whole sewing experience! How right she was!

Edited by suzelle

That's funny because I bought this foot a few weeks ago and I think it can be very handy in some situation where you have to get very close to a D or a belt buckle or a ring, that kind of thing.
I put it on my Mitsubishi DU-105 without any modification and gave it a try this morning, see below.

I found it on Ali and did a combination of the "Short head foot" small foot here : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000937997235.html?
And the "Horseshoe foot" that can be found there : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32962189517.html?

Works like a charm.

04.jpg.7d799c6b253d29ee7b8148cdf60e59ed.jpg

03.jpg.e5000f14eea4f68b68e2e822dcc6999f.jpg

02.jpg.e3fe76b09e3b0371d588267da200d3e5.jpg

01.thumb.jpg.b0485bece65bc0734b327289ecf08a5f.jpg

Hey thanks for the posts on this buckle presser foot!  I ordered one and will try it out on my Cobra Class 26.    I think it will work as I have used my Class 26 center and outer feet on my Juki 1541. 

Class 26 feet on Juki 1541.png

On 5/13/2022 at 1:52 AM, Damas said:

Works like a charm.

Damas, great to see you like that foot! I like that Mitsubishi sewing machine! Thanks for sharing your pics!

On 5/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, Sasquach said:

Hey thanks for the posts on this buckle presser foot!  I ordered one and will try it out on my Cobra Class 26.    I think it will work as I have used my Class 26 center and outer feet on my Juki 1541. 

Sasquatch, Can't wait to see what you think of the buckle pressser foot. Hey, welcome to the forum, fellow Washingtonian!

Thanks for the intro. I am anxious to try the buckle presser foot out. Could  have used it 

1 minute ago, Sasquach said:

Thanks for the intro. I am anxious to try the buckle presser foot out. Could  have used it 

Me too! Can't wait to see if it fits both your Cobra Class 26 and possibly your Juki 1541 as well? I just got my Juki 1541 not too long ago, it has seriously made my sewing life much easier! My next machine purchase will be a Cylinder Arm machine and the Cobra Class 26 will be one of the ones I'll consider. Really glad you are here! :)

I like my Class 26  but bought my Juki 1541 so I could have a flat table for smaller items and finer threads.  I do leather things and found both machines do well.  The 1541 did give me an issue when sewing over a step up ( another layer). I notice the walking foot did not step up much, so I watched youtube trying to find a solution. Came across a video for a Jukie 1508 and there was the answer, ther e is a plate on the back of the 1541 with a chrome screw, behind that plate is the adjustment for the step up.  

On 5/29/2022 at 9:32 PM, Sasquach said:

I like my Class 26  but bought my Juki 1541 so I could have a flat table for smaller items and finer threads.  I do leather things and found both machines do well.  The 1541 did give me an issue when sewing over a step up ( another layer). I notice the walking foot did not step up much, so I watched youtube trying to find a solution. Came across a video for a Jukie 1508 and there was the answer, ther e is a plate on the back of the 1541 with a chrome screw, behind that plate is the adjustment for the step up.  

Yep, that's right, there is an adjustment to help with the stepping up. Also, there is a special foot you can get with a longer toe, it's called a raised inside foot. Helps you get over the bumps/step-ups easier. This Seller on Ebay I find to be the best (my experience) for feet and other parts for my Juki 1541:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164942364714