toxo

My latest cross body bag/purse.

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

You did some beautiful work and rethinking of design ideas!!! It wouldn't be hard to change those few pieces to about any critter, a nice puppy or kitty, turtle maybe. lengthen it for a back pack, the sky is the limit!

The Owl bag does come wit alternates. A cat or an octopus IIRC. Be interesting to see what you come up with Chuck.

Designing your own patterns is hard. I'm the last to make cookie cutter projects and would rather take a beating than punch out multiple copies of someone else's patterns. it just isn't inspiring IMO in fact I've never done it lol. That being said for those who don't have the knowledge or skill set of making patterns, redesigning a good workable pattern is the logical step it has many more personal benefits it teaches you first off how to make patterns , think outside the box and use your own grey matter to solve problems, what is even more exciting is when you have learned it you don't have to google it or buy it from someone else. Above all there is nothing wrong with pushing your skill level that's what life is about.

For some people being different isn't the be all and end all. It should be well known by now that I go for practical above all else and practical has been searched for for hundreds if not thousands of years so there's very little that's original unless you depart from the practical. You can get as artsy fartsy as you like but that's the only part of the project that you can claim as "original".

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Good for you, stay in your safe space nothing wrong with that either.