KenC

Foot stuck up on new Cobra class 26

I assembled my new class 26 today and was trying it out and somehow got thread tangled around the bobbin. I raised the foot and cut the threads and got that straightened out but now the foot won't come down. I'm brand new to sewing machines so please tell me I didn't break it! :(

Tap on top of the presser foot bar that is sticking out of the top of the head. Use a rawhide mallet so you don't damage the top of the bar. Then twist the pressure screw clockwise to increase the foot pressure to overcome any friction or out-of-reoundness.

If the foot continues getting hung up, open the left cover (faceplate) so you can look into the heart of the beast. With the foot lever lifted, watch as you lower the lever and try to sus out where the mechanism is binding the presser bar.

19 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

Tap on top of the presser foot bar that is sticking out of the top of the head. Use a rawhide mallet so you don't damage the top of the bar. Then twist the pressure screw clockwise to increase the foot pressure to overcome any friction or out-of-reoundness.

If the foot continues getting hung up, open the left cover (faceplate) so you can look into the heart of the beast. With the foot lever lifted, watch as you lower the lever and try to sus out where the mechanism is binding the presser bar.

Thank you, I will try that tomorrow!

Ken,

Welcome to Leatherworker.net from a fellow Okie.  Wiz is great help as always!

Jim

On 8/6/2022 at 9:00 PM, KenC said:

I assembled my new class 26 today and was trying it out and somehow got thread tangled around the bobbin. I raised the foot and cut the threads and got that straightened out but now the foot won't come down. I'm brand new to sewing machines so please tell me I didn't break it! :(

Wouldn't hurt to give the pressurebar  shaft alittle oil.

Edited by CowboyBob

On 8/6/2022 at 10:09 PM, Wizcrafts said:

Thanks Wiz! I tapped it a few times and then pressed on the foot pedal a few times and it came loose and dropped down. I put more oil on it with the left plate off and worked it a few times with the foot pedal. It felt a little rough at first but smoothed out. Thanks again.

On 8/7/2022 at 8:09 AM, jrdunn said:

Ken,

Welcome to Leatherworker.net from a fellow Okie.  Wiz is great help as always!

Jim

Thank you, it's already been a lot of help.