Can someone tell me if the shuttle assembly for the 45k's is the same for a 45k93. The reason for asking is that I was given an assembly supposedly out of a 45k but the diameter of the bobbin housing is larger in diameter. And when shuttles are advertised Ive noticed that the last 45k on the list is a 45k89 no 45k93. Thanks

They are the same - if it appears larger then most likely the shuttle race is missing - but we have not seen pictures of your machine.

I have a 91 subclass and the difference to the 93 (ex factory) is that the 93 comes with an extra roller foot IIRC.

Edited by Constabulary

The diameter of the bobbin housing that is in the machine at the moment is 22.19 and the housing in the assembly I was given is 26.26 dia. The machine sews alright ,on top looks good but the bottom gets a bit wild sometimes so I was going to change the shuttle assembly to see if it made a difference. When I tried to put the assembly I was given into the machine it will not go because the diameter of the housing is bigger. So I dont want to order a new shuttle assembly if its not going to fit 

I have misread - you mean the shuttle (hook) not the shuttle race.

There are large hooks and bobbins but they are not for the 45k. They f.i. came from Adler 204, or 205 and the like.

I atm do not have a larger hook on hand but left is a 45K bobbin (approx 20mm dia), right the larger one (approx 24mm dia).

IMG_8244.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

So it looks like the shuttle assembly I was given and told come out of a 45k, which would take the large bobbin you show in your photo is not for a 45k. I tried to supply a photo but it said 1.46MB only. Thanks Constabulary

9 hours ago, starbuck said:

I tried to supply a photo but it said 1.46MB only.

You can try emailing the photo to yourself. Some mail servers reduce the quality of attached images. Otherwise, try FastStone Photo Resizer..

Thanks Wiz I'll give it a go