Sign in to follow this  
helewistran

Looking to buy a Cylinder arm. Should I go with Juki LS 1341 or TechSew 4800 Pro?

I'm looking to get a cylinder arm for small objects and topstitching. I love my Juki 1541S and was going to get another Juki. Juki LS1341 but I keep hearing very good things about the Techsew 4800 pro. Which one should I go for ?

The Techsew is a clone of the Juki.  It has the dial on top for raising the the height of the walk.  Both good machines.  How much difference in price between the two?  I believe the Techsew also has a longer stitch length and higher lift than the Juki but it is a clone!!

glenn

We were on the fence with a Class 26, Techsew 2750 Pro and the 4800 Pro. We decided to go with the 4800 Pro for several reasons. The dial on top to raise the presser foot is invaluable. We sew a lot of bags and when you get to a double seam and thicker leather that is stacked, you are able to raise the presser foot to accommodate going up and over that seam. We use this feature a lot. After using the Pro model with EPS, we will never own another machine without it. We have zero issues with ours. It sews extremely consistently and once dialed in leaves very little if any marks on the leather. It also comes with a smooth feed dog and presser foot. It also comes with the left zipper foot which allows a very close edge stitch with the included drop down guide. These are what you will need to be out of the box ready to sew leather. We sew with Vinymo #5 thread only with a #20 needle and the machine loves it. We do not use the aluminum table that in included. It works great but I just have not had a need for it much. My wife likes to use it but she is slowly converting to sewing without it. We have zero regrets with our Techsew purchase. Take a look at Little King Goods review of the 4800. Ryan does a great job of covering the pros/cons. 

On 9/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, helewistran said:

I'm looking to get a cylinder arm for small objects and topstitching. I love my Juki 1541S and was going to get another Juki.

If money is no object, you want the best and plan on using it get either the Juki LS-1341 (~$5000 USD) or the Juki LS-1342. The Techsew 4800 is more of a clone of the Juki LS-1342 then the Juki LS-1341 but with a saving of about $1500 USD or so. If you are not going to use the machine a lot then maybe look at getting a good used Juki LS-1341 or a LS-341. In Ontario Canada used they typically go for about $1500 -2000 CAD ($1100 - 1500 USD). 

You have not said where you are located but since this is going to be a substantial investment whether you decide to go Juki or a clone go to a brick and mortar dealer and test drive some machines with your stuff.

kgg