Gezzer

More practice ....

6 hours ago, Burkhardt said:

I think I had a different thought of what figure stamps are (I thought small meant figure) but what in the hell are those little stamps that I got are used for?

Look at this ,most if not all are used in this photo of what is called Sheridan style .

Edited by Gezzer

11 hours ago, Burkhardt said:

mules foot 858 camo 430 bevelers  894 200 203  seeder? 706  not sure what 102 1/2, 102, 631, 104, veiner 821, 406, 746 don't know 59 basket weavex500-2

858 is the smallest mulefoot

430 small size beveler

894 crafttool beveler 

200 medium size

203 next smallest

706 small veiner

631 small seeder

102 ?

104 small backgrounder

821 only one of that type veiner

406 smallest veiner of type

746 crafttool veiner looks about medium size

best i could do looks like you have a smattering of tools mostly smaller sizes and some older craft tool that weren't in my catalog.

5 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Look at this ,most if not all are used in this photo of what is called Sheridan style .

That's what I bought these for was to fill in some holes for my Sheridan collection until I got them and seen how small they are.

4 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

858 is the smallest mulefoot

430 small size beveler

894 crafttool beveler 

200 medium size

203 next smallest

706 small veiner

631 small seeder

102 ?

104 small backgrounder

821 only one of that type veiner

406 smallest veiner of type

746 crafttool veiner looks about medium size

best i could do looks like you have a smattering of tools mostly smaller sizes and some older craft tool that weren't in my catalog.

Thanks Chuck I guess I should got more info first but I went off what the pictures looked like instead of checking out what sizes they were. I'll add them to the don't need or use growing pile. Live and learn the expensive way.

43 minutes ago, Burkhardt said:

Thanks Chuck I guess I should got more info first but I went off what the pictures looked like instead of checking out what sizes they were. I'll add them to the don't need or use growing pile. Live and learn the expensive way.

lol sooner or later you will need them all. the bevellers for example are used for floral and figure carving. What i did at first is figure out a design i wanted to try then buy the tools for it. Most patterns will tell you what tools are needed then as you try more designs you acquire the correct tools and also learn their uses as you go.