hugocrafts

Pfaff 145/545 owners – Little help needed

Hello.

So, recently I lost this little screw (see on the photo below) that holds the bevel gears cover. I was wondering If any of you guys – owners of Pfaff 545 or Pfaff 145 perhaps would like to take a measure of the length of this screw hopefully? I tried to search it in the Pfaff parts manual that I got but I couldn't find the dimensions. Thanks in advance.

Best regards

IMG_3904.thumb.jpeg.1545385e2346d0e3d2f17381e17f76eb.jpeg

Edited by hugocrafts

56 minutes ago, luckystudio13 said:

this is the cover for the "right side" gear box and will not fit the hook drive gears.

Just google the parts number:  91-000 073-15

Screw is M3.5x9

If it was me I´d either order one from a dealer near you or tap a new thread maybe M4 or M5 or so.

42 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Just google the parts number:  91-000 073-15

Screw is M3.5x9

If it was me I´d either order one from a dealer near you or tap a new thread maybe M4 or M5 or so.

Indeed It says M3.5 x 9mm. Hm...but that's weird because I was expecting to be a little longer maybe, because there's a 2 holes on the cover (see photo) and I thought the screw should go into both holes because If it's indeed only 9 mm long then it should be screwed only into 1 hole on the hook gear cover leaving the second empty? Is someone willing to check this?

1432680694_ScreenShot2022-12-11at08_45_59.png.71c97c5246f2a5f6dedb0e6e71535a4b.png

Edited by hugocrafts

You need 2 screws one from the left the other from the right. Check the casting - you have 2 threaded screw holes. ;)

Edited by Constabulary

9 hours ago, Constabulary said:

You need 2 screws one from the left the other from the right. Check the casting - you have 2 threaded screw holes. ;)

Gotcha. In that case it seems like I didn't have the second screw in a first place. I'll get them both now. Thanks for that and have a nice day. :)