dhaverstick

Just finished this machete scabbard

pxOJN4w.jpg
AUAT6ER.jpg

I finished this scabbard today for a good friend of mine. Knife sheaths and scabbards are always a challenge for me because of the leathers and methods I prefer to use. This one was no exception. It has a vegetable tanned cowhide liner with giraffe hide on the outside. The green bling on the front is ostrich leg skin and the trim around the edges is deer hide. I sewed the whole thing up by hand using approximately 10 miles of artificial sinew. What's sad is I will probably have to charge him more for the scabbard than what he paid for the machete!

Darren

I really like all the different textures you combined into this project.  I find I always come out in the red when making things for good friends.  I am okay with that, knowing I have their friendship is payment enough.  I also use them for guinea pigs when I am working on a new pattern or item I haven't made before.  They are still gracious, but are willing to give me all the critique to make it better.  Nice job.

Nice design and execution !!!!! Like the Pastor I often lose money  on work for friends but it will all even out down the road :spoton: