Froghunter

Spreading the virus.....

The leatherworking virus!!!! And I know that everyone here understands just how addicting this artform can become, so we try to draw as many people in as possible! I have also been steering customers and students the way of this site as well for tips and ideas and great atmosphere.

As promised in another thread, here are some pics of the class this past weekend at the store. As you can see we were teaching the fine art of sandal making via the old Tandy Sandal Making book.

Sometimes, we need a bigger table! But as usual everyone had a great time. Hope no one minds these types of pictures and topics!

sandal_class_1.jpg

sandal_class2.jpg

sandal_class3.jpg

post-5734-1202780906_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1202780917_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1202780928_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed the pics. I also wouldn't mind learning to make sandals. Wish they'd do that around here. Everyone looks like they're having lots of fun.

ArtS

i think u got my best side frog. i need a trim i think...lol

some pretty good people that come in. always a good time!

a special thanks to the Tandy crew for all the guidance and encouragement

Spreading the wealth, very cool. Is the book you mentioned the e-zine offered on the tandy site?

Spreading the wealth, very cool. Is the book you mentioned the e-zine offered on the tandy site?

Yup that's the one! If you want to make sandals I highly recommend it!

It's great to see this board being used as it was intended. Of course we like to hear about classes and see pictures! A sandal making tutorial would be great, too, Froghunter, we'll be glad to hear more about making sandals and shoes...wouldn't we, everybody?

Johanna

:yes: