Catharina

Cylinder bed Pfaff 335

I am thinking of buying a cylinder machine, as sewing bags on a flatbed machine is not always very easy. I have found a Pfaff 335 17B S for sale, what are your thoughts on this machine? I know, S stands for stoff, so fabric.......is there a real difference with machines that are the L (leder, leather) type? This is a compound feed by the way. It seems as the motor is a bit old, it comes on with a lot of noise, so not the more modern servo motors. The owner says that the belt is sometimes slipping...... (it held together with a little hook, that is broken, repaired with a home fix.....adhesive tape.....) What is the lift on these machines, compared to my Pfaff 545 H3? Thanks for all the information you can give me. I think the person is honest, but is selling the machine for too much, given its age, the old motor and probably a belt problem..

53 minutes ago, Catharina said:

I think the person is honest, but is selling the machine for too much, given its age, the old motor and probably a belt problem..

The problem with the 335 machines they basically have a difficult time handling threads that are over V92 (T90, Tkt30) and some will not handle above V69 (T70, Tkt40). On this side of the pond, parts and accessories are expensive and not as popular as the Juki / Juki clone machines. I would on first blush pass and find a Class 1341 machine.

kgg

30 minutes ago, kgg said:

The problem with the 335 machines they basically have a difficult time handling threads that are over V92 (T90, Tkt30) and some will not handle above V69 (T70, Tkt40). On this side of the pond, parts and accessories are expensive and not as popular as the Juki / Juki clone machines. I would on first blush pass and find a Class 1341 machine.

kgg

Thanks Kgg, I'll think I'll pass on this one anyway. Apparently the motor is a 380V transformed into 220 V, according to boyfriend, this may cause some problems starting the machine up (person said she had to use her hands on the flying weel to get it going..) Juki machine are less common here I think, all I can find are Adler 69 machines and Pfaff 335, and some of its clones.  A professional advised me an Adler 269. I am getting confused! And my budget is going to explode........

I would definitely pass on it if I were you. At the very least you would need to buy a servo motor, so more cost.

Keep looking.

7 hours ago, dikman said:

I would definitely pass on it if I were you. At the very least you would need to buy a servo motor, so more cost.

Keep looking.

Exactly... thanks, I'll keep looking! I am not in a hurry anyways, it is going to be quite an investment for me. Thinking I should sell the Pfaff 545 (but really like that machine!) and get a table for the cylinder bed so I can turn it into kind of flatbed.......