Spicytacoman

Sewing machine suggestions

I figured it out with some tinkering and head scratching...

Like you guys said the needle was not meant for leather and was dull causing it to struggle piercing the leather along with some other issues throwing the timing off.

Fixed the hook timing and realized the reason the belt was spinning because I was using too low  speed on the servo and when it lost momentum couldn't move the pulley unless i backed it up and gave it more power.

Replaced the original needle with another dpx17 until my dpx16's comes tomorrow. Also raised the servo speed up one notch and no more issues.

Fixed the looping on the bottom by tightening the top thread tension. Now, the only thing im trying to figure out is the bottom stitches are a little slanted whereas the top stitches are straight. But im figuring it out.

3 hours ago, AlZilla said:

Here's an older thread by rookie 206 users with similar problems. Maybe something in there will help:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/75812-consew-206rb-5-jam/

I wish I seen this while I was killing my brain... lol almost identical situation... lol wow thanks ill keep reading to see if he fixed the bottom thread issue too! 

15 minutes ago, Spicytacoman said:

I figured it out with some tinkering and head scratching...

Like you guys said the needle was not meant for leather and was dull causing it to struggle piercing the leather along with some other issues throwing the timing off.

Fixed the hook timing and realized the reason the belt was spinning because I was using too low  speed on the servo and when it lost momentum couldn't move the pulley unless i backed it up and gave it more power.

Replaced the original needle with another dpx17 until my dpx16's comes tomorrow. Also raised the servo speed up one notch and no more issues.

Fixed the looping on the bottom by tightening the top thread tension. Now, the only thing im trying to figure out is the bottom stitches are a little slanted whereas the top stitches are straight. But im figuring it out.

That should fix itself with a leather needle.

55 minutes ago, Spicytacoman said:

Two thoughts: First, how did you manage to "fix" the hook timing?  From my (limited but more than yours) experience fixing the hook timing is a rather intricate thing.  If you really did it, I'm impressed.  Second, you should be able to sew at extremely slow speed and the belt should not slip.  If speeding up the machine stops the slipping, I suggest that's not the solution.  The belt should not slip even at the slowest speed the machine can run at.  I think you should readjust the belt tension.

30 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

Two thoughts: First, how did you manage to "fix" the hook timing?  From my (limited but more than yours) experience fixing the hook timing is a rather intricate thing.  If you really did it, I'm impressed.  Second, you should be able to sew at extremely slow speed and the belt should not slip.  If speeding up the machine stops the slipping, I suggest that's not the solution.  The belt should not slip even at the slowest speed the machine can run at.  I think you should readjust the belt tension.

I loosened the bolts on the left of the safety  clutch so I can turn the rod without touching the rest of mechanics behind the clutch. Thanks for pointing out you are more experienced! Im sure we all can understand im new anf have much to learn lol.. I've had shoepatching handcranks before as well as a nice video on YouTube to help with what I thought might be the issue since this was the case on previous machines I've  had that didn't pull up the bobbin thread qnd got lucky with my guess seeing the hook was off time. :)

Edited by Spicytacoman

Im so confused. I bought these organic needles 2 times on Amazon already and it stated  dx16 but have gotten 2 sets of these?

https://www.amazon.com/sewing-needles-walking-machines-135X16TRI/dp/B0779K9KQ9?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3HPQS1YHCBIBL

Is there a better site to buy leather needles from? 

Dpx16,135x16 different sizes? Im so confused man and frustrated that I think I got the wrong order 2 times already.

16822888130464569846990525411299.jpg

1 hour ago, Spicytacoman said:

Im so confused. I bought these organic needles 2 times on Amazon already and it stated  dx16 but have gotten 2 sets of these?

https://www.amazon.com/sewing-needles-walking-machines-135X16TRI/dp/B0779K9KQ9?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3HPQS1YHCBIBL

Is there a better site to buy leather needles from? 

Dpx16,135x16 different sizes? Im so confused man and frustrated that I think I got the wrong order 2 times already.

16822888130464569846990525411299.jpg

You know, I think I'd call Cowboy Bob.  These bloody 135 needles are a mess.  He knows what he's talking about AND he sells them.

3 hours ago, AlZilla said:

You know, I think I'd call Cowboy Bob.  These bloody 135 needles are a mess.  He knows what he's talking about AND he sells them.

I wish I had known that!! Thanks for that! :)

I know he has the needle chart thanks to you all but, I didn't see he actually sold them, I seen he sold thread though.

1 hour ago, Spicytacoman said:

I wish I had known that!! Thanks for that! :)

I know he has the needle chart thanks to you all but, I didn't see he actually sold them, I seen he sold thread though.

Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines is a full fledged sewing machine dealership. They sell and service industrial sewing machines and have parts and accessories for sale. They don't sell online though. You have to call, email, or fill out the contact form to get part numbers and prices. This is how business was done in the needle trade before the Internet.

Their toll free number is: 866-362-7397