mcmill45

Singer 112w139 Knee Lift

Hello, 

I recently picked up a Singer 112w139 double needle machine. Overall it seems nice, but it's missing the knee lift and I'd like to get that issue sorted. 

I was able to find the knee lift assembly online for relatively inexpensive, but I need the lifter "arm" that connects it to the mechanism on the rear of the machine.

Any ideas where I might source this? It appears to be just a bent rod with a spring and a keeper nut on it, so I imagine worst case I could fabricate something up, though if I can get something ready made that would be even better. 

My machine

IMG_6631-small.jpg

IMG_6630-small.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Matt

31REJssEKCS._AC_SX466_.jpg

5a664e739721a_SingerW95225602.jpg.51bd3047c939b72344667415ef7bcbf9.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Removed 3rd party host link and uploaded compressed images

50 minutes ago, mcmill45 said:

My machine

Please resize photos and post on this site rather than using 3rd party hosts.  3rd party hosted photos often go missing due to changes in the host's policies or the owner moving, deleting, or cancelling their accounts.  Then the thread becomes useless for future views and research.

2 hours ago, mcmill45 said:

I was able to find the knee lift assembly online for relatively inexpensive, but I need the lifter "arm" that connects it to the mechanism on the rear of the machine.

Another alternative would be a foot lift rather then a knee lift. This would ensure you are not pressing down on the " go faster " pedal while at the same time lifting the presser foot up with your knee. Use a heavy gauge wire / rod to connect to the hole in the end of the lifting mechanism on the rear of the machine and extending below the the table / pan. At that end of the wire/rod make a loop in the wire / rod and connect a chain or wire. The other of the chain / wire then would be connected to a pedal alongside the existing pedal.

kgg

Would not be hard to build this. You need a round shaft, collar, spring, washer, cotter pin.  Or call Collier Equipment or Bob Kovar at Toledo sewing and see if they can get the parts.

part #

rod   #223684

collar #227227

screw #200113

spring #206628

cotter pin #202302

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar