Hags

Score card holder for golf

I make several items for our local golf course (I live on #3!). I recently did a bunch (420!) Coasters for a tournament,  sand bottle holders, ball markers, etc. Our assistant pro recently asked me if I could come up witha score card holder. After burning through a bunch of scrap I found again that simple is just the best way sometimes when working with leather.  This is 8/9oz HO that I skived at the fold. No sewing other than to attatch the leather to the elastic.

20230713_215350.jpg

20230713_215245.jpg

20230713_215324.jpg

Nicely done and a very cool design  !!!!

Beautiful work!! I've never played golf so I'm probably just ignorant, but it seems like it would be fiddly and difficult to use when actually writing down scores with the elastic in the way. Maybe it's not in the way and I just don't understand golf...

It just fits in the back pocket. You just enter one number (hopefully low numbers) so you just move it to one side, put in the number,  then back in the pocket. It's not a note pad. It's become popular in the past week. I've added a pencil loop in the middle and gone to a narrower elastic.

Edited by Hags

Ok I'm beginning to see how it works. It'll probably make perfect sense to me if I ever actually play a round of golf. Still beautiful work and excellent job on the tooling!

It looks amazing.  One of my sisters is a golf fanatic. I'm sure that she would love something like this.