Simplejack1985

Vans with tooled sides

Taped off some vans to make a pattern. Then just took a tandy craftaid that kinda fit. I'm not a fan of saddle stitching shoes.

20230814_161518.jpg

Well, those are cool looking. I can see why you wouldn't be thrilled stitching those. You got it done nicely, though. Good work.

Did you do both sides or just one side on each shoe?

28 minutes ago, MarshalWill said:

Well, those are cool looking. I can see why you wouldn't be thrilled stitching those. You got it done nicely, though. Good work.

Did you do both sides or just one side on each shoe?

Just the one side on each shoe. If I had a sewing machine I would have done both along with the toe cap.

12 hours ago, Simplejack1985 said:

Just the one side on each shoe. If I had a sewing machine I would have done both along with the toe cap.

I like the single panel. The rest of the shoe acts as a frame to accent those panels. More might be too much.

How comfortable are they? Would the leather make them stiff? But then I would expect the leather to break in as long as it wasn't too thick.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, MarshalWill said:

I like the single panel. The rest of the shoe acts as a frame to accent those panels. More might be too much.

How comfortable are they? Would the leather make them stiff? But then I would expect the leather to break in as long as it wasn't too thick.

It's 5oz H/O. I did my wife's high top covers for her gym shoes. She said it took a few days to break in but are perfect.

NIce work!
and when the soles wear out,  you can just cut the stitches and remove the panels for re-use on another pair of Vans!

I think it's absolutely awesome!