Sign in to follow this  
RVM45

Will it Stretch!?!

Friends,

Really really broke in my current economy—& my State recently approved Constitutional Carry.

& I’d be reduced to Mexican Carry...

I’d like to make some holsters but leather ain’t free & my arthritic hands no longer work at 100%.

Anyway, I come across some cheap suede holsters—flimsy—very much like the old Monte Carlo Holsters...

Say what you will about Monte Carlo Holsters—a 11911A1 Holster that I slightly modified was the best holster for crotch carry that I ever found. Wish that I still had it...

Anyway, they have Holsters for the 1911A1; but none for the S&W 5906. IF I buy a 1911A1 Holster (Or should I buy the Commander Version—being the 5906 Slide is shorter?) & ram it home—will the cheap holster stretch and form fit?

Thanks.

Edited by RVM45

If you can force it in then yes the leather will stretch and kinda form to what you put in it. Now something made for one thing and using it for something different might not be perfect fit but it should work. The s&w 5906 is very similar in shape and size to commander size 1911. Ill try my 5906 prop in one of my more basic commander size holsters and post the results for you. 

Just went down to my shop to give the 5906 a try in a couple of my 1911 holsters. The commander size holsters are about the perfect length and overall size for the 5906 but with the crazy trigger guard  the 5906 has it wouldnt fit deep enough into my commander size holsters. The holsters i tryed have very tight stitch lines and have been wet molded specifically for commander size 1911 pistols. Now on a more generic holsters like your speakin of the 5906 might fit alot better. Its damn close the trigger guard on the smith is only thing keeping it from sliding right in.

Thanks.

I have seen squared-off trigger guards, but both of mine have the regular "Round” trigger guards.

Thanks again.