Michael Sheldon

Ohio Travel Bag bought by Weaver?

I recently placed a wholesale order through Weaver, and noticed they have a set of listings for Ohio Travel Bag now.
Only issue I had with it, is that it is breaking the search. I searched for #115 Sleigh Bells, and it ONLY listed the OTB-supplied ones, not all of them. I had a short heart-attack thinking they had discontinued another size range (They've done that twice to me so far). I pulled up a previous invoice and followed the item link there, and everything showed up.
So, I guess a warning if you are a wholesale customer, and the items you buy were stocked by both Weaver and OTB, search may be wonky.

From the OTB website:

2016 – New Ownership and Rebranding

In 2016, Ohio Travel Bag was purchased from Bruce Oppenheim by Michael Fox. Ohio Travel Bag soon launched their new website in 2019.

2022 – OTB Joins Weaver Leather

Ohio Travel Bag joined the Weaver Leather family of brands. Weaver Leathers longstanding tradition of support and growth of the leatherworking community, as well as its strong leadership and their expansive global supply network, make this venture very exciting.

Consolidation, mergers, acquisitions abound across the spectrum of businesses globally.  The reasons are many, but don't be surprised when your 5 choices suddenly become 3 and then 2.  It has happened big time in the construction products industry of which I am a player.  In some instances, virtual monopolies have resulted.  
Sometimes the changes can be positive, but often they aren't, not from the consumer level.

Don't forget to give companies time to sort out all of the details such mergers require.  For example, getting the new company onto your computing system.  That can be a major headache and the ripple effect felt long after the changes.  Internet sites are a part of that.  

If something is really important to you, don't sit and wait to see what happens, be a vocal advocate for yourself and your needs.  Reach out to them and express any concerns you have.  As a manufacturer's representative, I can tell you we appreciate it.