Maicol

Plymouth Skiving Machine

I have an old bell skiver machine Plymouth Model P, that I am hoping someone may have a manual for or know where I might get replacement parts.  I am looking for the sharpening stone belt  The machine looks very similar to the Fortuna earlier models.  Any suggestions would be great. I have attached some photos. Thanks in advance for this concern. 

20230901_161134.jpg

20230901_161124.jpg

If it's just a belt you're looking for, can't you take the existing belt to a hardware store and buy another one?  I see you're in Canada (as I am),...  I've often gone to Canadian Tire with an old belt or the specs for one and found what I needed.  Usually there's a display in the hardware section with different belts on a pegboard but it's also possible that the automotive counter guys could have other types.  Good luck!

Thanks @MtlBiker for your reply.  Unfortunately,  there isn't a belt with the machine that I can use to measure.  I am trying to find an image of how that belt runs underneath and around the different pulleys? Thanks. 

similar to the skivers of today which are copies of the Fortuna.  Belt shpould be close to those in length

I don't have the same skiver. I am sending you some pictures so you can see how the flat belt works. You can make your flat belt from scratch with some sewing. You can find flat belts from China or make your own. You must measure the required length (perimeter) of your skiver belt.

IMG_20230906_115922.jpg

IMG_20230906_115937.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-06 163741.jpg

Maicol, I have no manual from this machine. Also spare parts, even screws are unlikely to be found on the market. You can only find spare parts from Chinese clone machines (TK-801, 477). Only the basics bell knife, feed wheel, presser foots , may fit.

IMG_20230821_193247.jpg

@xnikolaos thank you for the photos this has helped me a great deal in figuring out how the belt goes on I really appreciate it.  Take care