kb5520

Novice seeking advice (Consew CP206RL)

Hello all!

I recently purchased a Consew CP206RL as my first machine and I absolutely love it! I started re-upholstering gyms pads at my job and I've gotten pretty good with the Janome hd3000 they bought, but I wanted a walking foot now here I am. Only issue I have with the machine is it's WAY to fast. I'm looking at getting a servo motor and building a custom top for the machine, but I'm lost on how to connect the servo to the machine. If it attaches to the balance wheel, I'll need to swap the cogged wheel for a v to match the servo. Issue with that is I have no clue where to look for that part or how to identify what fits. Any tips or advice would help a ton. Thanks for reading!

3 hours ago, kb5520 said:

Hello all!

I recently purchased a Consew CP206RL as my first machine and I absolutely love it! I started re-upholstering gyms pads at my job and I've gotten pretty good with the Janome hd3000 they bought, but I wanted a walking foot now here I am. Only issue I have with the machine is it's WAY to fast. I'm looking at getting a servo motor and building a custom top for the machine, but I'm lost on how to connect the servo to the machine. If it attaches to the balance wheel, I'll need to swap the cogged wheel for a v to match the servo. Issue with that is I have no clue where to look for that part or how to identify what fits. Any tips or advice would help a ton. Thanks for reading!

That model looks like it's one of the clones very similar to the Sailrite LS.  It MIGHT be possible that the Sailrite "WorkerB" servo motor conversion could fit.  I bought my Sailrite just before that motor came out, so it had a clutch motor and was a bit difficult to control slowly.  But after buying the WorkerB conversion it's superb!  I can sew as slowly as I want, with full control.

Probably a good idea to contact Sailrite to see if they might be able to help you.

I would try https://www.tolindsewmach.com/ first . . . they are wonderful people to deal with . . . and I have no doubt they can fix your dilemma . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

That model looks like it's one of the clones very similar to the Sailrite LS.  It MIGHT be possible that the Sailrite "WorkerB" servo motor conversion could fit.  I bought my Sailrite just before that motor came out, so it had a clutch motor and was a bit difficult to control slowly.  But after buying the WorkerB conversion it's superb!  I can sew as slowly as I want, with full control.

Probably a good idea to contact Sailrite to see if they might be able to help you.

When searching through the Amazon reviews for my machine, came across someone that did that exact same thing! Thank you, I like this idea better!

71d32vJkmpL._SL1600_.jpg

On 10/7/2023 at 8:29 AM, kb5520 said:

I recently purchased a Consew CP206RL

Moved your post to leather sewing machines.