stitchgearhead

Gauge set for Durkopp Adler 268 twin-needle - will 768 parts fit?

Hi

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to find parts for a bigger inter-needle distance for my Adler 268 twin-needle. Yesterday I took out the feed dog and had a good look at it, and taken measures. It seems visually very similar to the parts for a Adler 768.

The foot and the needle carrier are not such a big problem, because they are the same parts as for the 267, but the feed dog is a different matter. So, I was wondering if anybody knows if the feed dog for a 768 twin-needle will fit, or can be adapted to fit, on the 268?

Thanks.

Daniel

I can´t really help but I heard rumors that JUKI PLC gauge parts could fit but that is just a rumor, I have no proof for that. Maybe worth checking this:

https://www.juki.co.jp/industrial_e/products_e/lether_e/postbed_e/detail.php?cd=PLC-1700_E

Other than that I would contact KH sew or a local dealer. Maybe KH Sew knows more....

https://www.khsew.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=168_227

Thanks! They do have lots of interesting stuff. I left a message on the "Contact us" page. Will let everyone know what the reply will be, for the benefit of future enquiries from members.

Daniel

Another note: I did check JUKI PLC parts, and, again, they look very similar to mine. Again, it boils down to exact dimensions, and the feasibility of adapting the parts.

If only they were cheap, it would bear a few experiments...

Thanks.

Daniel

Looking at the Adler 768 parts list (durkopp_adler_768.pdf), the part numbers for the feed dogs begin with 0768. This indicates that the feed dogs are a newly designed part for the 768 generation and unlikely to be compatible with earlier models. Parts that are carried over from earlier models will retain the same part number. The parts list has a bunch of parts with numbers that start with 0268, 0367, etc. Those parts are carryover parts and thus interchangeable with earlier model generations indicated by the first four digits of the part number. 

Thanks, Uwe. I think it is normal to have a different part number, since there are some differences. For starters, the 768 part is thicker near the needle, whereas the 268 part is the same thickness throughout. Here's some pics:

The mounting system and overall dimensions seem very similar. Of course, the devil is in the details...that's why I asked.

Unfortunately, KHSew still hasn't answered my query. I'll let everyone know if they do.

Thanks.

Daniel

268_feed_dog_8mm.jpg

768_feed_dog_8mm.JPG

Uwe, I forgot to thank you for the 768 Parts book. It's wonderful, not only for the P/Ns, but also to see how the mechanisms are when disassembled.

I don't mean to push your patience, but...I have to ask: you wouldn't happen to have a similar book for the 268 (or the 267 - much of the mechanisms are similar, I believe, apart from the post-related parts), would you?

Sorry if I'm imposing. I've learned a lot from you, both here and from your videos (hook timing, for one - had no idea until I saw your video), so that's the last thing I want to do.

Sincerely, thanks.

Daniel

Uwe, please forget my request. I already have the 268 Parts Book, probably from one of your earlier posts, or from some other generous members contribution.

Thanks.

Daniel.

10 hours ago, stitchgearhead said:

Uwe, please forget my request. I already have the 268 Parts Book, probably from one of your earlier posts, or from some other generous members contribution.

Thanks.

Daniel.

For future reference when talking to or about someone use the @ then type their name and pick out from the pop-up or they'll never know you responded to them like this@stitchgearhead

Here are the Durkopp Adler 268 manuals and leaflets I have in my archive, just to actually attach them to this topic in one place (since search engines are going to be pulling up this topic for Adler 268 manual searches in the future). 

Durkopp Adler 268 Service Manual: DA-268-Service-Manual.pdf

Durkopp Adler 268 Parts List: 268 Parts List.pdf

Durkopp Adler 268 Owners Manual: 268_gb.pdf

Durkopp Adler 268 Leaflets Part 1:Leaflets_Adler_class_268_part1.pdf

Durkopp Adler 268 Leaflets Part 2: Leaflets_Adler_class_268_part2.pdf

On 10/21/2023 at 4:20 AM, Burkhardt said:

For future reference when talking to or about someone use the @ then type their name and pick out from the pop-up or they'll never know you responded to them like this@stitchgearhead

@BurkhardtWill do. Thanks.

@Uwe, thanks again for all your help.

Daniel.