sojourner999

Sailrite smooth leather foot set compatibility question

Hi,

I have a consew 206RB-4 and a Juki LU-563.  Both have servos and speed reducers.  I have yet to enter into fabricating with leather.  At this time I have no aspirations to sew very thick leather that would require a more powerful machine.  I am looking at using some light weight deer leather to make some small items.

I ran across the sailrite smooth leather foot set  (link below) and and trying to find out if the foot and feed dog are compatible with either of my machines.  Does anyone know if this product is compatible with either of my machines OR if there are any other vendor provided smooth feet and smooth feed dog?

https://www.sailrite.com/Leather-Delicate-Foot-Set-for-Sailrite-Fabricator?gclid=CjwKCAjw7c2pBhAZEiwA88pOF4HGGhwCprTbxMNV3ZQ-2UtjNevgkCASoAo6WZ2ya4syTTSttP_1pRoClAcQAvD_BwE

i tend to be a gear junkie and would rather purchase smooth feet and feed dog rather than grind and fill standard feed dog and feet.  That said, I will grind and fill if it comes to that.  

I have an email inquiry out to sailrite, but thought someone here may have had experience with this.

any help, experience or ancedotes are much appreciated.

Thanks!

@sojourner999 - No, the Sailrite foot will NOT work with your machines.  (I have that foot for my Sailrite LSZ-1 and I also have a 206RB-5 as well as other machines.)

You can get a smooth presser foot for your 206RB (I also have that) but I haven't looked for a smooth feed dog.  I haven't felt the need, as if any marks are left on the leather they're on the under side and rarely visible.

Edited by MtlBiker

thx.  sailrite has three smooth feet set.

the one i posted earlier, for fabricator and 111 machines

one for ultra feed ls

https://www.sailrite.com/Smooth-Foot-Set-for-Sailrite-Ultrafeed-LS-1-Leatherwork-Sewing-Machine?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw5_PwYqIggMV80lHAR15QQRuEAQYAiABEgKIZ_D_BwE

and one for ultra feed  lsz 

https://www.sailrite.com/Smooth-Foot-Set-for-Sailrite-Ultrafeed-LSZ-Sewing-Machine?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw5_PwYqIggMV80lHAR15QQRuEAQYASABEgLH1fD_BwE

is it possible that you were referencing one of the other feet/feed dog set?

thanks!

23 hours ago, sojourner999 said:

I have a consew 206RB-4 and a Juki LU-563.

My understanding is that

i) the Juki 563 and the Consew 206RB, that you have, take the same presser feet which are the same as those that fit the Singer 111G, 111W and 211W

ii) According to the link you provided for the smooth presser foot they are supposed to fit the Singer 111W.

iii) the Sailrite Fabricator is a clone of the Singer 111W.

iv) The Sailrite portable walking foot machines have specialized presser feet that only fit the Sailrite and clone portable walking machines and don't fit any industrial sewing machine.

The price for those feet from Sailrite are expensive at $49.95 USD ( $68 ) and the style reminds me of those that fit the PFAFF 1245 or the Alder 669 as how the center presser foot tightens on from the left side. I wouldn't bother purchasing them as I would just buy a cheap set off Aliexpress for less then $3.50 USD ( $5 CAD ) and fill the teeth with JB weld. But that is just me.

kgg

Thx. Just to confirm, you would fill the teeth on the feed dogs and buy a smooth presser foot from ali express.  Is that correct?  If so, I will have to research filling feed dogs with JRB weld to make smooth feed dog.

thx

10 hours ago, sojourner999 said:

Just to confirm, you would fill the teeth on the feed dogs and buy a smooth presser foot from ali express.  Is that correct?

I would buy presser feet and a feed dog to fill with JB weld. First I would suggest two things:

i) if the feed dog is leaving unwanted marks check the height the feed dog is above the needle plate. It maybe to high and need adjustment.

ii) if the presser foot is causing the unwanted marks try reducing the presser foot tension.

kgg

6 hours ago, kgg said:

I would buy presser feet and a feed dog to fill with JB weld. First I would suggest two things:

i) if the feed dog is leaving unwanted marks check the height the feed dog is above the needle plate. It maybe to high and need adjustment.

ii) if the presser foot is causing the unwanted marks try reducing the presser foot tension.

kgg

Thanks for the clarification.