Teradee

Any Juki 441 experts out there?

I shipped a Ferdco Juki Pro 2000 a while back (in the original packaging) with FedEx Freight and it arrived nearly destroyed!

I looks like it was dropped from a distance right onto the flywheel…which crushed the flywheel and bent the main shaft.  Those shafts are 5/8 solid steel so this thing must’ve been abused.  

Anyway, I’m trying to remove a shaft to send to the gentleman who bought it so he doesn’t simply have a 200lb paperweight.   

is there a trick to removing one of these shafts??  I’m so close, but the last little bit has me flummoxed.  Has anyone removed one of those and have some expert advice for me??

thanks in advance!

Jason

What did FedEx have to say when you made a claim and did the customer photo the damaged machine

Get a quote from a professional company for the repair costs so they know what is involved

I know it's too late BUT never ever ship a machine with the wheel on it!The slightest little hit at an angle to the wheel puts alot of force on the sfaft it & will bend it everytime.Many times UPS refuses to pay a claim like this IDK what Fed Ex will do since we don't use them.Are both of the screws loosened on the hub?Take both screws all the way out & use a screwdriver holding onto the rod under the top cover & you should be able to spin the wheel while pulling towards you should spin it off.Once you get it off get a thick wall piece of pipe with an inside diameter of the shaft & you can straighten the shaft,you'll need to find the high spot of the bend ,put the pipe on bend it down,put the wheel back on,spin it to check the wobble & keep repeating the process until it's straight,I've fixed many this way.It's alot easier than pulling the shaft.

Edited by CowboyBob

FedEx still hasnt responded.  :(.  Very frustrating.

In terms of re-bending this one...I'm trying to help this guy out and send him new parts.  One question I had @CowboyBob...There is a large piece with two large screws that are behind the presser foot shaft.  Do those screws loosen clockwise, or counterclockwise?  They are a nightmare just to get loosened up.  They are so hard to break free, I fear they might be threaded opposite. 

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Teradee said:

FedEx still hasnt responded.  :(.  Very frustrating.

In terms of re-bending this one...I'm trying to help this guy out and send him new parts.  One question I had @CowboyBob...There is a large piece with two large screws that are behind the presser foot shaft.  Do those screws loosen clockwise, or counterclockwise?  They are a nightmare just to get loosened up.  They are so hard to break free, I fear they might be threaded opposite. 

Any ideas?

All the screws on this machine loosen counterclockwise.