TheDreadPirateRoberts

2 pin connector...

Any idea what the 2 pin connector is for on back of servo motor on class 26 with eps?

could be for a needle positioner or possibly a small LED light, can you find the instructions as they should say what it's for.

I can't find any info online.   I didn't see anything in papers that were shipped with machine.  The needle position plug is a 4 pin molex 2x2 configuration.   This plug is 2 pin molex connector. I guess i will have to throw a multimeter on the socket when i get home in a few days to see what power it has and if it changes at all with the controls.  If it is 5v i could wire up some leds i guess.

Your motor is likely the same as the SEWPRO motor, judging from the front panel and type plate. The rear should look like this:

image.jpeg

The two-pin connector has the light icon right next to it.

The front panel has an “S” button to turn the light on and off:

image.jpeg

It’s very likely a 5V LED light outlet, but the documentation you got with the motor should really tell you that. Verifying with a voltmeter doesn’t hurt either. 

Please upload your images directly here on LW. Externally hosted images tend to just disappear after a while, often rendering the topic useless to future viewers. 

I’m embedding your other image here as well, just for posterity’s sake:

image.jpeg

The manual for my motor (similar but not identical to yours) came with a section like this, showing the connectors and pin-outs. YOURS MAY BE DIFFERENT! I’M JUST POSTING THIS SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN YOUR MANUAL!

image.jpeg

If your motor manual doesn’t include this information, please call the folks at the Leather Machine Co. and complain about the incomplete documentation for your motor.

Edited by Uwe

Just found a random picture online that says it is an led lamp socket, and now just found a led light for sewing machine that has the 2 pin molex plug.  Will order it up tonight and hope it works good.  I really want the light to shut off and turn on with the power switch for servo, but mine doesn't work that way.  Lets hope this one is switched that way.

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Your motor is likely the same as the SEWPRO motor, judging from the front panel and type plate. The rear should look like this:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It’s very likely a 5V LED light outlet, but the documentation you got with the motor should really tell you that. Verifying with a voltmeter doesn’t hurt either. 

Please upload your images directly here on LW. Externally hosted images tend to just disappear after a while, often rendering the topic useless to future viewers. 

image.jpeg

The manual for my motor (similar but not identical to yours) came with a section like this, showing the connectors and pin-outs. YOURS MAY BE DIFFERENT! I’M JUST POSTING THIS SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN YOUR MANUAL!

image.jpeg

If your motor manual doesn’t include this information, please call the folks at the Leather Machine Co. and complain about the incomplete documentation for your motor.

I tried to upload direct images, i shrank then to the file size limit or less and they still said too big so i used google drive as that worked for me.

I know how to read schematics and have worked with electronics since the 80s, i just didn't see any documentation about it in papers i was shipped.  I hope i can find info on how to program the position sensor when i get it delivered in a couple weeks.  

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the reply with diagram and info.

1 hour ago, TheDreadPirateRoberts said:

I know how to read schematics and have worked with electronics since the 80s, i just didn't see any documentation about it in papers i was shipped.  I hope i can find info on how to program the position sensor when i get it delivered in a couple weeks.  

It seems hard to believe they would ship the motor without instructions on how to change controller settings. Give the Leather Machine Co. folks a call and after they give you the manual, post it here. I don’t know why they don’t just post the manual on their website. Or better yet, have a QR code that points to the manual online right on the controller box, like mine does.

6 hours ago, Uwe said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the reply with diagram and info.

4 hours ago, Uwe said:

It seems hard to believe they would ship the motor without instructions on how to change controller settings. Give the Leather Machine Co. folks a call and after they give you the manual, post it here. I don’t know why they don’t just post the manual on their website. Or better yet, have a QR code that points to the manual online right on the controller box, like mine does.

I will reach out to them for sure.

I finally got the 2 lights I ordered and installed one of them and it should be exactly what i needed.  

Planning to make or buy a 2 pin molex y cable so i can use both lights on machine at same time.  Still trying to locate magnetic cable clamps like the lmc light comes with to secure wires to route away from moving parts. 

This is a setup in a cylinder sewing machine.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg