SpruceMoose

Website building: Hosts and services that do not prohibit anything weapon related.

I've been using etsy and ebay for quite some time. We all know etsy does not like anything that attaches to a gun (rifle slings) I keep getting caught in bot sweeps and having items delisted for apparent violating terms(seo terms and category) even though everything is squeaky clean. YET the stores with 10k plus in sales have all imaginable gun related seo, guns and ammunition in the first photo. Those shops seem fine and keep on selling fine, seems a little skewed imo, if i use a tag or title with 'hunting' i get nailed, with everything else squeky clean, no 'gun' 'rifle' 'ammo' 'firearm'. And don't even think about listing in the hunting and fishing category, you get twice the amount of bot sweeps, as etsy lumps the auto advertising in with recreational sports, which auto includes childrens toys, so bots sweeping for child safety and weapons. Double wham.

Of course it's their right, i'm just annoyed at the biased takedowns. 

I've been thinking of building a website soon, something to fall back on(yes i know, much work for driving traffic).  

In my search for quality providers, it seems most of them prohibit anything that even attaches or holds a firearm. Very annoying, as the top providers with great and easy and secure website builders and services blanket prohibit. Even Paypals terms seem to prohibit all as well. Difficult, as I am not tech savy, coding wise. I need it all layed out on a platter, simple and secure e-commerce website.

Squarespace seems good to go.

Any advice?

Edited by SpruceMoose
grammar edit

Try GoDaddy.com . . . I used them for my holster business until I found one a bit cheaper . . . and this one I can put anything I want on it.  A friend is hosting it for me.

GoDaddy is not "all that" expensive either.

May God bless,

Dwight

3 hours ago, Dwight said:

Try GoDaddy.com . . . I used them for my holster business until I found one a bit cheaper . . . and this one I can put anything I want on it.  A friend is hosting it for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks, i thought about them as well, I use them for my domains as well, might make sense to have everything in one place.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:32 PM, SpruceMoose said:

Thanks, i thought about them as well, I use them for my domains as well, might make sense to have everything in one place.

It's good practice to separate your registrar and hosting services.
Maintaining these independently is one safeguard against being locked out of your domain or having it stolen. It also helps to avoid certain hassles that can occur if you ever have problems with your hosting service or wish to change providers.

Personally, my experience with GoDaddy as a registrar has been okay -- not great -- though I'm still with them. I had an issue where I couldn't change DNS because their their 2FA was misbehaving. After they spent a week bungling the entries and giving me the run-around, they required that I disable 2FA in order to make changes specifically intended to be guarded by 2FA. Their support tech claimed this was normal, while I argued that was all nonsense--to no avail.

12 hours ago, grep said:

It's good practice to separate your registrar and hosting services.
Maintaining these independently is one safeguard against being locked out of your domain or having it stolen. It also helps to avoid certain hassles that can occur if you ever have problems with your hosting service or wish to change providers.

Personally, my experience with GoDaddy as a registrar has been okay -- not great -- though I'm still with them. I had an issue where I couldn't change DNS because their their 2FA was misbehaving. After they spent a week bungling the entries and giving me the run-around, they required that I disable 2FA in order to make changes specifically intended to be guarded by 2FA. Their support tech claimed this was normal, while I argued that was all nonsense--to no avail.

Good points! Thanks for sharing your experiences. Certainly every product has it's pros and cons, jus trying to find something that allows gun related leather products, many have vague worded policies for prohibited items

On 11/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, Dwight said:

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks for advice:)

On 11/10/2023 at 3:40 PM, SpruceMoose said:

I've been using etsy and ebay for quite some time. We all know etsy does not like anything that attaches to a gun (rifle slings) I keep getting caught in bot sweeps and having items delisted for apparent violating terms(seo terms and category) even though everything is squeaky clean. YET the stores with 10k plus in sales have all imaginable gun related seo, guns and ammunition in the first photo. Those shops seem fine and keep on selling fine, seems a little skewed imo, if i use a tag or title with 'hunting' i get nailed, with everything else squeky clean, no 'gun' 'rifle' 'ammo' 'firearm'. And don't even think about listing in the hunting and fishing category, you get twice the amount of bot sweeps, as etsy lumps the auto advertising in with recreational sports, which auto includes childrens toys, so bots sweeping for child safety and weapons. Double wham.

Of course it's their right, i'm just annoyed at the biased takedowns. 

I've been thinking of building a website soon, something to fall back on(yes i know, much work for driving traffic).  

In my search for quality providers, it seems most of them prohibit anything that even attaches or holds a firearm. Very annoying, as the top providers with great and easy and secure website builders and services blanket prohibit. Even Paypals terms seem to prohibit all as well. Difficult, as I am not tech savy, coding wise. I need it all layed out on a platter, simple and secure e-commerce website.

Squarespace seems good to go.

Any advice?

The only advice I can give you is to contact a professional custom website development services company that specializes in the creation, design and SEO promotion of websites. As far as I remember, this company is called Admiral Studios and I have used similar services several times to create my web store. I was pleased with the result.