Hello, 

This is a prototype of a cell phone/checkbook bag my wife asked me to make for her elderly friend, for Christmas. It is a prototype and the stitching and cutting is crooked. My wife mentioned this but this is a prototype. And no I won't make it out of orange vinyl, just have very little of the chrome tanned leather I plan to use, and can't waste it on a prototype. The straps are my question. Plan to use 3/4 straps of the same material - how to attach. I am thinking a loop riveted to each side of the purse on the side at top, 3/4 inch with 3/4 inch D rings or jump rings. Then a snap on ends of strap. Anybody got a better idea? Thanks. 

David 

IMG_0275.JPG

Edited by 327fed
no pic

Considering the size . . . I would most likely go to the back . . . right behind the fold  . . . place two loops of leather with D rings . . . and a 1 inch strap for carrying.  

I never liked (just a personal preference) 3/4 inch straps . . . they just don't carry well . . . 1 inch is my minimum.

And I would probably use a brass ball fitting like used on holsters . . . to adjust the length of the strap for the wearer.  She could make it a long shoulder strap so she could take it over her head . . . or a shorter one to use slipping up and over the shoulder.

And I do  like the color . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight