Jamesgentry270

111w153 stitch length help

Hey so I picked up the 111w153 and I know to push and hold the button on the left and turn your wheel and then release when at the desired number. And I have set it at 5 and let the button loose, but then it don’t sew at that length. It’s much tighter. Is the number supposed to change as the wheel turns just regularly? Or is something wrong with it? Any help would be appreciated 

On my 211,  the successor of that machine. I did test stitches into paper with no thread.  Then made a chart that showed what each number represented.  My 211, the numbers didn't correspond to stitch length either. 

1 hour ago, Quade said:

On my 211,  the successor of that machine. I did test stitches into paper with no thread.  Then made a chart that showed what each number represented.  My 211, the numbers didn't correspond to stitch length either. 

Ok I will try that but another thing is that the thickness of the leather will vary your stitch length as well is that correct? I was going between thickness’s and not adjusting the machine 

Maybe the discs with the stitch length numbers has slipped. I´m not in front of your machine so I only can guess.

I would try this. Open the cover plate on the top. Loosen the set screw of the stitch length dial. Push the button in the flatbed and turn the hand wheel towards you until you feel resistance. Then the longest stitch length dialed in. Then rotate the stitch length dial until you see the 5 in the window in the casting and tighten the set screw again.

That's a good idea. On the 211 the numbers are printed on the hand wheel so there's nothing to change. 

8 hours ago, Quade said:

That's a good idea. On the 211 the numbers are printed on the hand wheel so there's nothing to change. 

Thats right. The original question was for a 111w.

On 12/10/2023 at 2:52 AM, Constabulary said:

Maybe the discs with the stitch length numbers has slipped. I´m not in front of your machine so I only can guess.

I would try this. Open the cover plate on the top. Loosen the set screw of the stitch length dial. Push the button in the flatbed and turn the hand wheel towards you until you feel resistance. Then the longest stitch length dialed in. Then rotate the stitch length dial until you see the 5 in the window in the casting and tighten the set screw again.

The numbers start at 5 and I took it right above 5 and it made the stitches longer but if I set it dead on 5 then it’s more like 8 or so maybe the numbers are off I’ll keep fooling around with it. 

18 minutes ago, Jamesgentry270 said:

The numbers start at 5 and I took it right above 5 and it made the stitches longer but if I set it dead on 5 then it’s more like 8 or so maybe the numbers are off I’ll keep fooling around with it. 

The stitch length disc needs to be adjusted,adjust the length to fthe longest stitch length & have the #5 in the window & tighten screw.

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The stitch length disc needs to be adjusted,adjust the length to fthe longest stitch length & have the #5 in the window & tighten screw.

Ok thanks I’ll try that tonight!