Froghunter

A Valentines Delight

I thought I would share with you my last project. A gift for my wonderful wife for Valentine's Day. We have been married for a FEW years, at first I would buy her roses, and each time she would keep one bud and dry it and put it in a VERY LARGE Glass vase. Well, after about 6 years, it was overfull! And we made a deal no more real flowers, it's just thrown away money and they wilt anyway. So I found a place to get gold dipped roses, no wilting!!! And I did that for a few years....Now we got a bunch of gold roses that she is afraid someone will break in for, so they get locked up.......

So this year, I decided to use my talent in leather and make her some of the best Roses she has ever seen!!! No wilting!!!! and they aren't exactly a stock exchange commodity..... so for your approval here they are.....

Everything is leather except the insides of the stems. Those are cut up coat hangers. And I also cheated on the wet formed vase and used a core.

Kinda turned out ok, I think!

:whatdoyouthink:

roses_and_vase1.jpg

roses_and_vase2.jpg

post-5734-1202954567_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1202954578_thumb.jpg

Edited by Froghunter

THAT IS SO SWEET OF YOU.......................

now for the serious stuff how much per dozen? :head_hurts_kr:

Man those are fantastic. I bet your wife loves them. Do a tutorial. Again they look real.

Johnny

I think that is the coolest thing I have ever seen made outa leather! WAY cool! Nice move.

KK

very very sweet...i would like to see a tutorial too

I Love'm

bet wifie is going to very Happy with them:-)

Johnny and Roo...If I not toally gone senile, I think there is a tutorial somewhere here in the forum (?)

Froghunter, I'm with Luke on this one. Price and delivery schedule are the 2 very important pieces of info you forgot to post. Do you think you can have them here by tomorrow evening around six o'clock? That would be about the time my wife gets home and it would just make her Valentines day! All kidding aside those are great and I'm sure your wife will love them. I'm not going to let my wife see the pictures or I will never hear the end of it,LOL!

thanks for all the kind words! It was a lot of fun!

Yes, the wife loved them! I am beeming with pride...I made her happy!

As for delivery and price, yes 6pm is possible for one meeeeellion dollars!!!!! (gotta rent a Lear..) :red_bandana:

it was fun watching his hands lock as he was working on them a couple times.....the pics just dont do it justice bro:)

What a great idea. They are beautiful.

Wow, I love this. See? it's projects like this that make this Site an awesome place to be part of. Very nice Frog!!!

Nice work, Frog. However, in the future...

ADD A WARNING LABEL THAT SAYS "DON'T OPEN THE PHOTO IF YOUR WIFE IS LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER"

I have two things going for me right now- one, the real roses I bought haven't started wilting yet, and two, the dog and I get along well, so sharing the doghouse won't be too bad...

Edited by TwinOaks

I am fairly new to this leather stuff, I have "tinkered" in the past and stumbling upon this site has given me some inspiration. Everyone's projects are great! but your roses are SPECTACULAR!!!! WOW! I am hoping to become proficient enough to attempt them in the future!

Awww! That's so sweet! I'm sure she must love them! ^__^