nycgirl

Seiko BSC 8b

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Seiko BSC 8B? Any thoughts? it looks like its a small cylinder that has elliptical feed. How would it compare to the Juki Ls1341 or DSC 245/6?

Thank you

I own and use daily a seiko BSC-8BL Cylinder machine.  Very nice build quality and operation.  

Silverd

On 1/18/2024 at 1:08 AM, Silverd said:

I own and use daily a seiko BSC-8BL Cylinder machine.  Very nice build quality and operation.  

Silverd

Hey Silverd,

I own this machine also, same model as you. Have you happened to try setting up a binding attachment on yours? Recently I am needing to do more binding and am having trouble finding attachments that will fit to make it operational so wanted to see if this was something you have looked into. 
Thanks

Steph

Binder may have to be custom made.  Check to see what Kwok Hing has in Hong Kong.   Your Seiko should be same as Consew 277 machine.

glenn

8 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Binder may have to be custom made.  Check to see what Kwok Hing has in Hong Kong.   Your Seiko should be same as Consew 277 machine.

glenn

Thanks for your help Glenn, that’s good to know of the clone machine. I have ordered from Kowk Hing and they weren’t quite right so have ordered another sort hoping they will fit better. 

Tell me what you are looking for in a binder specially.  I have set up binders on and off for over 30 plus years

glenn

10 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Tell me what you are looking for in a binder specially.  I have set up binders on and off for over 30 plus years

glenn

This is what I purchased from Kwok Hing, it isnt quite the right fit for attaching the screws to the throat so have ordered a 75 degree angle that looked like it may work better. I am open for any suggestions though if you have any at all.
I’ll be sewing binding onto bags, including round edges. The pipe dream is to get a synchronised binder just for that but that’s a little way away so just trying to make do for right now. This exact machine has a synchronised binder model  which apparently if I was to source the parts could be converted, but I’m not confident in doing that. And for how often I’d need to bind compared to not it seems like a complicated thing do to

IMG_8760.jpeg