Edsbear

Twin needle stitch

Hi All,

My Brother LT2-B835-3 is sewing ok but sometimes roughly every 10th or 20th stitch I get quite a big knot showing on the left hand underside, right side is fine. does anyone have any ideas what could possibly cause this please.

Many thanks 

Thread comes in right and left hand twist. One is for each needle. The wrong twist will unwind because of the bobbin spinning opposite direction.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea about that, I will try to get some

5 hours ago, Edsbear said:

Thanks for the info, I had no idea about that, I will try to get some

Exactly what (  Gump )  said .  L and Right twist cones. Your suppose to do that, but ( IMHO )  most individual  'small shop' people don't .
If you Don't.. you really need keep your eye on your L-side needle thread . make a habit,  It easy to catch with your eye when that needle side top thread starts to look shabby .

So.. ( for example ) .. I do a lot of seam binding #69 nylon, What I do is into a routine 'make habit' after every, or every other item I finish. I just 'stop and  look' at L-side needles thread, when the needle is stopped in the down plunge, and you got that little bit of thread slack before the needle up-stroke.
If I see it getting/looking shabby . I just release upper thread tension. Then I just peal off good yard or two of upper thread on that needle-side to normalize/balance the double-stitching, and keep on going .

And It No biggie about tossing a couple yards of thread ever so often . Because that's why they sell Thread by the Pound....LOL

I must admit the left hand thread doesn't look or lay as nice as the right hand

Some suppliers are saying use bonded nylon because its multi directional?

9 hours ago, Edsbear said:

I must admit the left hand thread doesn't look or lay as nice as the right hand

Some suppliers are saying use bonded nylon because its multi directional?

For the most part I always buy/use bonded nylons .
Buying separate  L and R twist threads always dwarfed by bigger problems. My main attention to thread has always been turned to the threads, size, color, quality, and have thread that has consistent snag-free roll-off to fight tension problems when stitching . Definitely there is a lot depth in just thread knowledge that I probably will never totally grab because I get so involved with just machine mechanics, and the constant struggle sewing/turning-out a nice Item that can be proud of.  
I have always kept running 2 or 3 double-needle machines, and mostly all confined to same drive mechanics, and never really worried about buying separate L-R twist thread cones for them . The stitching work always turns out great, if you just put an eye-on that Left side every once in while when working . I just accepted the small problem of L-side needle thread as just one of life's universal indignities that you just live with when sewing double-needle ... LOL

Edited by nylonRigging

Thanks for your help, I have ordered some bonded nylon cones

Just to update that the bonded nylon thread solved the problem. thanks to the helpers here