I am working on a Cowboy Fast Draw holster, a first for me.  I understand the holster need to be lined with rawhide, not metal.  One site said a bullet deflector is suggested, but not required for adults.  What I am having trouble finding are the regulated dimensions for the holsters.  Bob Marshall did a video a few years ago and he indicated a maximum (I think) space of 1.25" from the front of the holster to the point where the hammer meets the frame.  And there was a minimum (or maximum) space from the throat to the top of the holster.  When I look for regulations and require dimensions, I find local club regulations and the CFDA site has an explanation as to WHY the rules exists, but not the rules themselves.  If anyone has access to current CFDA requirements, I would like to see them before I make really nice, unusable rig for someone.

Thanks in Advance.

1 hour ago, Brooks125 said:

I am working on a Cowboy Fast Draw holster,

Moved to  Home Specialty Leatherwork  Gun Holsters, Rifle Slings and Knife Sheathes

search function is your friend 

I found those two pages previously.  All I can find on the CFDA site is an explanation as to WHY they have the rules they do ... but none of the rules.  The second link send you to a "Page Not Found".  I'm going to go with the posts from some of the local clubs, which seem to be pretty consistent.

https://cowboyfastdraw.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/CFDA_Rulebook_12thEdition-Final_web.pdf

Page 13 has the rules in exhausting detail.