Need help removing hand wheel pulley. Took out two set screws, not sure how to release the stitch length knob to get the pulley off shaft. Trying to get the pulley hand wheel off of my parts machine to put onto my complete minus hand wheel machine.

12 hours ago, Dickeybill said:

Need help removing hand wheel pulley. Took out two set screws, not sure how to release the stitch length knob to get the pulley off shaft. Trying to get the pulley hand wheel off of my parts machine to put onto my complete minus hand wheel machine.

When looking @ it turn it clockwise.

Thank you for the response. It appeared that there was a burr or something broken on the stitch length adjustment shaft thread , when turning all the way clockwise it would stop and it would not allow me to pull out the long adjustment pin out of  the long shaft. With a little close your eyes kind of a channel lock I was able to nudge it out and not too much damage.

11 hours ago, Dickeybill said:

Thank you for the response. It appeared that there was a burr or something broken on the stitch length adjustment shaft thread , when turning all the way clockwise it would stop and it would not allow me to pull out the long adjustment pin out of  the long shaft. With a little close your eyes kind of a channel lock I was able to nudge it out and not too much damage.

It's very common for the threads to get broken on the shaft.Be careful when re-installing.