Sign in to follow this  
Alexis1234

Wanted: Used Hame Bender

I'm looking  to see whats out there for a used hame bender before I purchase new. 

I've taken hames to my local muffler shop and they've bent them before, so I'm assuming so. The new one I found uses a bottle jack - I'm not very familiar with pipe benders,etc. 

Brass

@Alexis1234 I just googled hame bender to see what one looked like.

I have no idea how much one would cost, but having a son who is training to become a blacksmith I am pretty sure that any youngster (or oldie) training to become ablacksmith / metal worker of sorts would be able to weld one together for you in a couple of hours.

A bottle jack shouldn't be too expensive either. So in case a new one is expensive, I'd try to get in touch with any local technical colleges you have nearby and ask if they could make one for you as a training exercise. 

My son would without a doubt be willing to make one for you, but I'm afraid that the shipping will be a killer :-) 

Good luck with finding one. 

So, my husband is willing to make me one, rather than buying new. I appreciate all who answered.