shoe

My daily question. Sewline and singer 236w100

Google doesn't tell me more then a few of you folks do, thank you

It look way nice fie the price, only one post here about them. 

I am afraid of the speed, I love using my clsp but it is crap. Handcranks are rare. 

I want a machine but can't swing above $1200, can borrow $500

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3642287422712546/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Screenshot_20240110_210619_Facebook.jpg

Edited by shoe
Added the singer

It's next to this singer 236w100

Screenshot_20240110_211901_Facebook.jpg

Edited by shoe

maybe you should tell us what thickness (all layers in total) you want to sew or what product.

The 236 have a rather short stitch length and are meant for sewing shoe uppers and the like.

I sew a lot of dog harness, guitar straps and wallets. 5 to 8 oz two thick. Lotsa art engraving and assembly stuff for now. 

Www.reservationleather.com

9 hours ago, Constabulary said:

maybe you should tell us what thickness (all layers in total) you want to sew or what product.

The 236 have a rather short stitch length and are meant for sewing shoe uppers and the like.

FB_IMG_1704906817072.jpg

This one is a few hours away but really inexpensive.Screenshot_20240113_161049_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b51b9eb121abc8adf0ae63285dc659dd.jpg

On 1/11/2024 at 6:00 PM, shoe said:

I sew a lot of dog harness, guitar straps and wallets. 5 to 8 oz two thick. Lotsa art engraving and assembly stuff for now. 

You don't want a machine that only sews tiny stitches with thin thread.Seek out a heavy duty machine capable of sewing 5 to the inch, or longer, with up to #207 thread. You can probably get by with #138 thread if the layers are also cemented together. The dog harness would need double row stitching with #138 thread as it only has 22 pounds breaking strength. I personally use #277 on dog collars and harnesses, as well as holsters and knife sheathes. Number 277 thread has about 44 pounds breaking strength. This calls for a #25 needle. A lot of machines that can sew leather can't use this size thread, or even #207, and sew together 1/4 inch of veg-tan leather. I went through 10 machines trying to sew that thickness and more, with #277 and 346 thread. The 11th machine was the winner! It was a Union Lockstitch machine.