Sign in to follow this  
Reader

BF Cummins initial perforating machine

I dabble in leatherworking and hat making, and crossed paths with a BF Cummins Initial Perforating Machine so I picked it up on a whim. 

This tool is a genuine antique from the late 1890s, when everyone wore hats and checked their hats at various venues so every hats store had a punch to add the customers initials to the leather sweatbands of their hats.

I briefly considered making and selling leather sweatbands on etsy or such and offering custom initialed sweatbands but I don't have a reeding and ribbon guide nor an industrial sewing machine to put them on so I thought I'd see if anyone may be interested in such a tool.

370064964_1247666619260318_8022198692682156671_n.jpg

15 hours ago, Reader said:

I thought I'd see if anyone may be interested in such a tool.

You need to post a price in US$, any shipping information, etc.  Please read and comply with the Marketplace Rules.

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

You need to post a price in US$, any shipping information, etc.  Please read and comply with the Marketplace Rules.

I'm sorry I was not aware of all the required details and dont have such information at the moment.

Can a moderator please delete my post since I dont see a delete button available to me

16 minutes ago, Reader said:

I'm sorry I was not aware of all the required details and dont have such information at the moment.

Can a moderator please delete my post since I dont see a delete button available to me

It is easy to convert to US$, try out google.  Accept PayPal, or certified check or cash or money order or eTransfer.  With your stated price, you can add price is negotiable now or add it to a later post.

You can state whether it works or not or untested, no guarantee.

You can state that purchaser will be responsible for paying shipping to where-ever, or that you won't ship, must be picked up, or shipping limited to US and Canada at purchaser's cost.  The old terminology FOB Free On Board, which means at the seller's location.

You should be able to add this information in a subsequent post without having to spend more than a few minutes doing so.

It is a very interesting piece of equipment and I'm sure members here will be interested if you can provide the few details needed.  Looking forward to your post with this info.  Someone might want to use it, or a collector may want it as a vintage piece of equipment.  I would have been interested, but I'm now at that point in life where I need to start divesting tools, equipment, etc.

By the way, users can't delete posts, only moderators or admin can.

I think it would be a neat piece to own. Especially if it works & has survived this many years. 

Back when they made stuff to last. Unlike our throw away society today. 

Cool piece of history.