GerryR

Chest Holster Harness for Belt Holsters

I don't usually need a chest holster but wanted to have the option when woods walking (Black bear and now mountain lions).  I built this harness so I can take my belt holster and mount it for chest carry.  Not the best job I ever did but it works and might give others some ideas.  I used web belts and harnesses from a tool bag and from a weed-wacker; the leather chest portion I made.  No need to have a separate dedicated chest holster.

P6101215 Lo-Res.JPG

P6101217 Lo-Res.JPG

P6101221 Lo-Res.JPG

Looks good. Nice work. I like it. 

Nice job and a very good idea. After a few recent posts showing very nice adaptable chest rigs for cross draw holsters, I have been kicking around this very thought. Al my hip holsters have a 15 degree forward cant. This should adapt nicely for that. Thanks for the idea! 

Thank you both for your comments.  As I stated, I used on-hand straps that were collecting dust for the harness.  If I was starting from scratch, I would approach it differently; the holster carrier would stay approximately the same, but I would approach the harness part differently, especially where it attaches to the holster carrier.  @Hags - I would like to see what you come up with.  Once an idea gets started, it is amazing how many variations come out of it!

Edited by GerryR

I'll be sure to post.