NatesLeatherGds

DIY clicker set up

So... I didn't have a clicker press, or an arbor-press. ( So I 'made my own, with blackjack and h-----ers' :) ) But I do have this vintage Defiance Button Co press. Got some dies - one cheap one from amazon, one better one from Little King Supply Co. And... aside from having to walk the item around - perfect cuts. The press was from ebay - 75$ total including shipping. Seized up piston - but made it work with a ton of elbow grease and pounding. Also does small stamps. Also drives a punch. 

20240131_205946.jpg

Edited by NatesLeatherGds

Nice ingenuity! Looks like it's getting the job done. 

What about a putting a steel bar or board across the corner of the dies to spread your force out some. It might help. 

6 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

What about a putting a steel bar or board across the corner of the dies to spread your force out some. It might help. 

I found this - not totally sure what it is - judging by shape, it's a plate for an old school iron. 3/8 or 1/4 solid steel. Seems to work ok so far. 

20240131_214629.jpg

Ok I thought I would just mention it. I figured you was doing something similar. 

Yep old school iron, like they used on the old wood cook stoves. You should put you a handle back in it. 

Is your 1 clicker die a 4" square coaster? 

Thanks.

8 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Is your 1 clicker die a 4" square coaster? 

Thanks. Will see about a handle. I only have 2 dies. A 4" circle and 4" square coaster.