wabbit

Pfaff 545 - Centering Needle in the Feed Dog

I have used the 1245 manual to center the feed dog in the throat plate, and I can center the needle fore and aft in the needle hole, but yet to figure out how to move the needle bar left/right.  Help!

Is your feed dog set correctly?  You need to follow the setup instructions in order because some of them build on the previous.  Adjusting the needle position seems a little involved but should be able to be done but you have to have your feed dog set correctly first.

Rock frame has to be adjusted.

glenn

what is the rock frame?

19 hours ago, wabbit said:

I have used the 1245 manual to center the feed dog in the throat plate, and I can center the needle fore and aft in the needle hole, but yet to figure out how to move the needle bar left/right.  Help!

Do you have any play or movement of the needlebar left to right ?

I ended up loosening and then very gently tapping the rocker frame bearing pin at the top. I had the screw/clamp loose that is accessible behind the plate next to the stitch length adjuster.  The latter was great to move the needle bar fore and aft and center it in that direction, but I didn't get any left or right movement from it.   I moved the needle in the hole by about 1mm. 

PXL_20240209_193156466~2.jpg

Hitting and upload limit for the other photo